NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
The NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is a new qualification for those with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace.
The training will assist personnel in carrying out fire risk assessments and identify the range of measures one will need to minimize the risk of fire in the workplace; thereafter help to raise the standards of fire risk management in workplaces across the world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This qualification is designed for anyone with safety responsibilities in the workplace including:
- Managers, supervisors and employee representatives.
- Those with fire safety responsibilities at work.
- Those looking to take on fire safety advisory roles.
A widely respected qualification which meets the requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH and Associate Membership of IIRSM.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The course is assessed through written examinations for each of the units and a practical fire risk assessment. A unit certificate is issued denoting successful achievement of each unit. After successful completion of the two units and practical assessment, you will attain the certificate of NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management.
Examinations are held on the last day of the course or for distance learners four times per year at any British Council or participating university.
The benefits of this course include:
- Knowledge:Even in low-risk workplaces, protecting people and property from fire takes specialist know-how. The qualification gives you this knowledge.
- Enjoyment:You’ll enjoy taking this qualification. You’ll discover skills and techniques that are useful and practical.
- Achievement: TheNEBOSHname is a mark of excellence in safety. People from all parts of the world are proud to have achieved our qualifications.
- Recognition:When it comes to safety in the workplace,NEBOSHqualifications are what employers seek and are held in high esteem everywhere.
- Career development:Gaining specialist knowledge of fire safety will give you an extra skill that could help bring success and advancement to your career.
Benefits for companies:
- A safer workplace:Fire safety is important. It protects people from injury and loss of life. It protects your property, your assets and your investment. People with the NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management know how help their employers avoid damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire.
- Assurance:An employer whose staff are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to safety. The NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management provides an assurance of fire safety—something that can help employers achieve recognized standards and can even help to win new business.
- Return on investment:An employee with this qualification has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern workplace.
Training Course Content
This training course delivered by KBA Training follows the accredited NEBOSH International Certificate curriculum and includes the following units:
Unit IGC1: Management of International Health and Safety *
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Organising for Health and Safety
- Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture
- Risk Assessment
- Principles of Control
- Monitoring, Review and Audit
- Occupational Incident and Accident Investigation, Recording and Reporting
Unit IFC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of Fire and Explosion
- Causes and Prevention of Fires
- Fire Protection in Buildings
- Safety of People in the Event of a Fire
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Unit IFC2: Workplace-Based Practical Assessment (Fire Risk Assessment)
Note * - If you have been awarded a NEBOSH International General Certificate in the last 5 years you will be exempt from IGC1 and can simply 'top up' with the specialist unit and practical assessment to achieve the new award.
Prices vary based on location. Request information to learn more!
KBA Training: Health & Safety and Environmental Training
KBA Training Centre Pte Ltd (KBAT) represents the training division of KB Associates Group, with a significant focus on occupational health, safety and environmental training (both nationally and internationally accredited) for the onshore and offshore industries. We provide a range...
Find out more about this NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
KB Associates Pte Ltd (KBA) group of companies are pleased to announce that they have received the 2018 Historical Diving Society Leonard Greenstone Award in London at the Diving Industry Work Group (DIWG)
Is it a skill set the industry will lose?...
KBA takes a look at the current challenges facing the commercial diving industry, as well as the crucial steps it needs to take in order to secure its long term success.
We have all been there. Struggling to fit in work, leisure and studying to improve and upgrade our skills, or having difficulty in learning new skills. If you are finding all these a challenge – there is a solution now!
Want to know what it's really like to work in a dangerous, high pressure environment?
In this interview, Darren shares his military experience, what he has done since leaving the forces and how NEBOSH qualifications opened doors for him....