Animal Management HNC Level 4
The new BTEC Higher National qualifications in Animal Management are designed to address an increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Levels 4 and 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment or to progression to a degree at Level 6.
Part time also delivered this course 2 (part-time) Years.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Our typical offer is UCAS Tarrif points 64 (new), or equivalent
BTEC Extended Diploma at MPP and GCSE English and maths grade C or above (or equivalent point score)
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to be:
- A BTEC Lextended Diploma in a related subject
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent)
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above
Kirklees College will consider applicants’ prior learning when considering their acceptance on a BTEC Higher Nationals, through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For more information, please visit the institute website.
Training Course Content
All modules are compulsory.
- Unit 1 – Animal Health and Welfare
- Unit 2 – Business and the Business Environment
- Unit 3 – Managing a Successful Project (Pearson set)
- Unit 8 – Ecological Principles
- Unit 14 – Management of Exotic Animal Species
- Unit 4 – Animal Behaviour in Society
- Unit 6 – Animal Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 15 - Animal Collection Management
The skills offered as part of the Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma can provide graduates with the opportunity to work in many different areas of the Public Service Sector.
Below are some examples of job roles each qualification could lead to:
- Laboratory Technician;
- Zoo Keeper;
- Charitable Organisations;
- Veterinary Nursing Assistant;
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Interested in working with animals? Here's a snap-shot of what life is like studying at our Taylor Hill Centre.
Founded in 2008 as part of a merger between Dewsbury College and Huddersfield Technical College, Kirklees College has become one of the biggest college’s in the country, offering a wide range of courses and study options. The college boasts over...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!