Computing HNC Level 4 (Part-time)
The new BTEC Higher National qualifications in Computing are designed to address an increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Levels 4 and 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment or to progression to a degree at Level 6.
Full time also delivered this course 1(full-time) Year.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Our typical offer is UCAS Tarrif points 64 (new), or equivalent
BTEC Extended Diploma at MPP and GCSE English and maths grade C or above (or equivalent point score)
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to be:
- A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Construction
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent)
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above
Kirklees College will consider applicants’ prior learning when considering their acceptance on a BTEC Higher Nationals, through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For more information, please visit the institute website.
Training Course Content
All modules are compulsory.
- Professional Practice (15 credits)
- Website Design & Development (15 credits)
- Computer Systems Architecture (15 credits)
- Networking (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Computing Project (15 credits)
- Programming (15 credits)
- Database Design & Development (15 credits)
- Security (15 credits)
The skills offered as part of the Pearson BTEC Higher National Certificate / Diploma can provide graduates with the opportunity to work in many different areas of the digital sector.
Below are some examples of job roles each qualification could lead to:
- Network Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Web Developer
- Business Analyst
- Games Developer
- Software Developer
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The demand for tech specialists is expected to grow by 30% by 2024. Start learning the vital skills today on one of our computing and IT courses.
Founded in 2008 as part of a merger between Dewsbury College and Huddersfield Technical College, Kirklees College has become one of the biggest college’s in the country, offering a wide range of courses and study options. The college boasts over...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!