Accounting and Finance for Managers - Level 2London Business Training & Consulting
Accounting and Finance for Managers - Level 2
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How to interpret a variance report and assess its implications for management intervention.
- Behavioural aspects of budget management.
- Strategies to prevent or remedy adverse behavioural aspects of budget management and to harness positive aspects.
- Alternative views on performance management.
- The importance of cash management to a business.
- How to interpret a cash budget and identify potential problems.
- How to formulate strategies for improving cash flow and liquidity.
- Appropriate costing methods for pricing.
- The potential impact of different competitive environments on pricing.
- Appropriate pricing strategies to fit different markets and products/services.
- The financial impact of an investment using traditional techniques.
- The strengths and weaknesses of the above techniques.
- The role of financial assessment within the wider strategic assessment of investment decisions.
- The financial consequences of a range of decision-making situations.
- The scope and limitations of the financial techniques applied.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Managers who wish to improve their analytical skills and use accounting and finance tools for managerial advantage.
- Those who wish to understand and use accounting knowledge for operational and management decision making.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Budgets and Performance Management
- Responsibility centres
- The controllability principle
- Profit-related performance measurement
- Standard costing and variance analysis
- Performance management in investment centres
- Non-financial performance indicators
- The balanced scorecard
- Performance measurement in not-for-profit organisations
- External influences on performance
- How much cash does a business need?
- Methods of establishing cash balances
- Cash forecasting: the cash budget
- Cash management: strategies for improving cash flow
- Interpreting and analysing a cash-flow forecast
- The accountant’s perspective – costing and pricing
- Absorption costing and full-cost-plus pricing
- Marginal-cost-plus pricing
- Activity-based costing (ABC) pricing
- Life-cycle costing and pricing
- The economist’s perspective
- The marketer’s perspective
- Combining the three perspectives: establishing an appropriate pricing strategy
- Pricing strategies
- Target pricing and target costing
- Investment appraisal – the basics
- Traditional evaluation techniques
- Incorporating real-world complexities into investment appraisal
- Investment appraisal within context
- Taking a broader strategic view
- Operational decision making
- Cost-volume-profit analysis (CVP)
- Relevant costing
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Accounting and Finance for Managers - Level 2 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!