Advanced Financial Management in the Public Sector - Planning, Implementation, Reporting and AnalysesLondon Business Training & Consulting
Advanced Financial Management in the Public Sector - Planning, Implementation, Reporting and Analyses
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use forecasting tools.
- Determine forecast accuracy.
- Apply the most accurate tool for forecasting.
- Define a resource development issue.
- Estimate revenue shortage.
- Develop revenue options.
- Assess revenue options.
- Determine optimal revenue options.
- Calculate total cost, average cost, direct cost, indirect cost, personnel cost, operating cost, and capital cost.
- Perform cost allocation.
- Use cost depreciation methods.
- Apply average cost to determine efficiency.
- Understand the concepts of present value, future value, time value of money, discount rate.
- Apply present value of cost in cost comparison.
- Apply annualized cost in cost comparison.
- Apply incremental cost in decision making.
- Calculate the net present value and the benefit/cost ratio.
- Understand conditions to which a cost-benefit analysis applies.
- Apply the cost-benefit analysis in decision making.
- Determine proper indicators for monitoring.
- Detect unacceptable performance.
- Detect performance trends.
- Develop a complete picture of financial performance.
- Identify causes of underperformance.
- Take proper actions to improve performance.
- Develop a cash budget.
- Determine an optimal cash balance.
- Use the optimal cash balance in cash management decision making.
- Understand key elements in the statement of net assets.
- Understand the accounting process.
- Use the information in the statement of net assets in financial analysis.
- Understand key elements in the statement of activities.
- Understand the concept of accounting basis.
- Apply the information in the statement of activities in financial analysis.
- Understand the use of funds in governments.
- Understand key elements in fund-level statements.
- Use the information in fund-level statements in financial analysis.
- Know what financial condition analysis is.
- Determine measures to assess financial condition.
- Identify any warning trend of a deteriorating financial condition.
- Specify relationships in financial condition analysis.
- Explain relationships in financial condition analysis.
- Write a financial condition analysis report.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Financial and budget personnel in governments.
- Anyone who is interested in governmental finance.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
- Simple moving average (SMA)
- Exponential smoothing (EXS)
- Transformation moving average (TMA)
- Regression against time
- A quasi-casual forecasting model
- Determining forecast accuracy
Resource Development Analysis
- Defining the issue: revenue shortage
- Estimating revenue shortage
- Developing revenue options
- Assessing revenue options
- Making decisions
- Cost classification
- Total cost estimation
- Average cost estimation
- Calculating present value
- Calculating annualised cost
Incremental Cost Analysis
- Introduction to cost-benefit analysis
- Issues in cost-benefit analysis
Financial Performance Monitoring
- Determining monitoring indicators
- Detecting unacceptable performance
- Understanding the causes and taking action
- Creating a cash budget
- Determining the optimal cash balance
Financial Reporting and Analysis: The Statement of Net Assets
- What information is in the statement of net assets?
- The accounting process
- Principles that govern accounting practices
Financial Reporting and Analysis: The Statement of Activities
- What information is in the statement of activities?
- Accounting bases
Financial Reporting and Analysis: Fund-Level Statements
- Governmental funds
- Proprietary funds
- Fiduciary funds
Financial Condition Analysis (FCA)
- What is financial condition analysis?
- Determining measures in FCA
- Identifying any warning trend of deteriorating financial condition
- Specifying the relationship
- Explaining the relationship
- FCA report writing
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Advanced Financial Management in the Public Sector - Planning, Implementation, Reporting and Analyses course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!