Advanced Leadership in PracticeLondon Business Training & Consulting
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- One of the earliest approaches to leadership – the Trait Approach.
- How leaders behave.
- The relationship between a leader and followers through the style approach.
- A leader’s approach as being dependent on the situation facing the leader, and that successful leaders can adapt their approach to suit the circumstances.
- Transformational leadership’s ability to change workers and followers into avid disciples whose hearts and minds have been inspired by an internalised belief in the veracity of their leader’s decisions.
- Authentic leadership should underpin any form of effective leadership.
- The delicate nature of the relationship between the leader and followers.
- Two different approaches to psychodynamics – Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and neuro-linguistic programming.
- The development of emotional intelligence (EI).
- Different ethical frameworks and how these can help leaders resolve problems without a precedent or simple solution.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Trait Theory – Description, Analysis and Use
- Evolution of the idea
- Traits – a brief outline
- Traits and leaders
- So where does this leave trait theory and organisations?
- Foundation principles
- What are ‘leadership behaviours’?
- Organisational implications
The Style Approach to Leadership
- Evolution of the approach
- Organisational culture
- Widening the choice
- Factors affecting style
- Style approach – strengths and weaknesses
Situational and Contingent Leadership
- Early developments
- Hersey and Blanchard’s life cycle theory of leadership
- How the model operates
- Path-Goal theory
- Fielder’s contingency theory
- Broader situational factors
- Leadership substitutes theory
Charisma and Transformational Leadership
- House and Shamir self-concept theory
- Attribution theory
- Characteristics of charismatic leaders
- Context and crisis
- Negative aspects of charisma
- Transformational leadership
- Defining authentic leadership
- Academic approach
- Practitioner approach
- Attributes of followers
- Leader-member exchange theory (LMX)
- Implications of LMX
- Attributes of followers
Psychodynamic Approaches to Leadership
- Freud, Jung, and personality
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Criticism of psychodynamic approach
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- The architecture of the brain
- The nature of intelligence
- What is EI?
- Goleman’s approach
- Other perspectives
- The ‘dark side’ of EI
- Criticisms of EI
- What are ethics?
- Basic ethical frameworks
- Deontological frameworks
- Leadership and moral development
- What is an ‘ethical leader’?
- Why do leaders not act ethically?
- Why do workers not blow the whistle more often?
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Advanced Leadership in Practice course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!