Advanced Quality Management Systems, Tools and TechniquesLondon Business Training & Consulting
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- A quality management system as a key building-block in an organisation’s approach to TQM.
- The fundamental purpose of a quality management system and the development of quality system standards.
- The ISO 9000 series of quality management system standards, including implementation issues and guidelines, the assessment and registration process, and their benefits and implications.
- Integrated management systems (IMS) in terms of quality, environment, and occupational health and safety management.
- The linkages between ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 – the integrated and aligned approaches, and some of the common problems.
- Basic quality control tools and management tools.
- Departmental purpose analysis and mistake-proofing.
- The concept and methodology of quality function deployment (QFD).
- The construction of the House of Quality, and the planning, organisation and management of QFD projects.
- The benefits and pitfalls of QFD, and guidelines for its effective use.
- The concept of six sigma to improve the performance of key processes, productivity and quality and at the same time reduce costs.
- The history and main types of benchmarking.
- The main steps in a formal benchmarking process.
- The concept, history and development of business process re-engineering (BPR), and how it complements TQM.
- The benefits and potential problems of BPR.
- How to set about a BPR project.
- The use of teams and teamwork in TQM.
- The operating characteristics of project teams, quality circles and quality improvement teams.
- How to ensure teams are both active and effective.
- Quality awards and self-assessment and its role in the advancement of TQM.
- Various ways of undertaking self-assessment against a Business Excellence Model.
- New challenges for the quality management discipline.
- The importance of quality.
- TQM as a continuous process.
- Measuring progress towards TQM.
- TQM issues to which organisations need to give attention if they are to achieve world-class quality status.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Chief officers, directors andheads of departments who wish to play a greater role in determining the quality policy within their organisations.
- Senior management team members who wish to create the strategic dialogue, organisational environment, atmosphere, values and behaviour in which total quality management (TQM) can achieve its potential.
- Those who wish to create an organisational culture in which each person in every department is fully committed to improving their own performance and is dedicated to satisfying their internal customers’ needs and future expectations.
- Middle and first-line management who wish to play a key role in putting the principles of TQM in place at the sharp end of their organisation.
- Management consultants
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Quality Management Systems
- The development of quality management system standards
- The ISO 9000 series of standards: an overview
- Implementation guidelines for ISO 9001
- Quality management system assessment and registration
Integrated Management Systems
- The ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 matrix
- Interlinked systems
- The EFQM model
- The key integration issues
- An integrated management systems model
Tools and Techniques: An Overview
- Selecting tools and techniques
- Basic quality control tools – checklists, flowcharts, check sheets, tally charts and histograms, graphs, Pareto analysis, cause-and-effect diagrams, brainstorming and scatter diagrams
- Management tools – relations diagram method, affinity diagram method, systematic diagram method, matrix diagram, matrix data-analysis method, process decision programme chart and the arrow diagram method
- Departmental purpose analysis and mistake-proofing
Quality Function Deployment
- Understanding customer needs
- The QFD road: the main steps
- Deploying customer needs into product and process definition
- Difficulties associated with QFD
- Implementation of QFD
- What does six sigma mean?
- Six sigma prerequisites
- Six sigma core elements
- Structured problem-solving approaches
- Success of six sigma
- Company background
- Why benchmarking?
- Success factors
- Difficulties and pitfalls
- Key lessons
Business Process Re-engineering
- Approaches used in BPR
- The principles of BPR
- Risks and benefits of BPR
- Implementation of BPR
- BPR methodology
Teams and Teamwork
- The role of teams in continuous improvement
- Types of teams
- Evaluation of teams
- Team competition
- Guidelines for developing effective teams
Self-assessment, models and quality awards
- Quality, TQM and excellence
- Award models
- The self-assessment process
- Success factors for self-assessment
- Difficulties with self-assessment
TQM through Continuous Improvement
- ‘Old’ and ‘new’ quality management
- The importance of quality
- TQM: a continuous process
- Measuring progress towards TQM
- TQM issues which need to be considered in the future
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Find out more about this Advanced Quality Management Systems, Tools and Techniques course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!