Advanced Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain ManagementLondon Business Training & Consulting
Advanced Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Starting out in procurement or refreshing your procurement skills after a break, means getting to grips with the "Essentials" of the topic. This course is ideal for that purpose. The course examines how corporate procurement takes place – usually on a competitive footing, but sometimes by placing direct orders with a supplier. The course will unpick the advantages and disadvantages of competitive procurement, and looks at who does what and when they do it. It will also walk through the key steps in the procurement process and examine examples of procurement documents, such as the Statement of Requirement (also known as the Scope of Work).
This course provides delegates with an in-depth:
- review of the critical success factors within Supply Chain Strategy from the Value Chain concept, through to establishing effective process and informational flows, and concludes with improving supply chain resilience in the face of global change and threats both current and future.
- exploration of the key elements within successful supply chain management including: forward demand planning techniques and approaches, effectively enhancing efficiency, managing bottleneck situations and concludes with the development and enhancement of effective risk management within the supply chain environment.
The course includes site visits to organizations relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Procurement Officers, analysts and managers.
- Contract Engineers and analysts.
- Quantity Surveyors
- Commercial advisers
- Procurement team members
- General managers
- Executives tasked with managing contracts.
- Contract Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to have a good understanding and involvement in purchasing activities.
- Supply Chain Managers
- Risk Managers
- Quality Managers
- Business Improvement teams
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- have an excellent grasp of the essentials of procurement processes and the justification for adopting one approach versus another. This will include:
- selecting the best procurement strategy for your transaction, in the public or private sector.
- writing the Statement of Requirement / Scope of Work.
- learning how to attract potential suppliers, pre-qualify them for suitability and make a selection.
- working with bids and tenders documentation.
- Consider "What good procurement looks like".
- Understand the choices of available procurement methods a given situation.
- Learn how to carry out an evaluation of proposals from suppliers in a fair and transparent way.
- Practice negotiation skills.
- Comprehend the key issues around sustainability in purchasing.
- Learn about the value Procurement can bring to delivering the corporate strategy.
- Consider how to structure the procurement function, to make the biggest difference inside organizations.
- Acquire skills in important procurement activities, such as value chain analysis, purchasing portfolio management and category management.
- Practice techniques in benchmarking the performance of the procurement team.
- Appreciate and apply Value Chain concepts.
- Effectively establish and enhance process and data flows.
- Build and enhance Supply Chain Resilience and ability to meet current and future state changes and threats.
- Understand and apply effective forward demand planning techniques.
- Develop improved supply chain efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage supply chain risk.
- Develop a practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- Implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
Training Course Content
Fundamentals of Procurement
- The role of the Procurement Function
- Material requirements planning
- Public procurement and private procurement compared
Global Procurement Processes
- Competitive and non-competitive purchasing
- Bids and Tenders documentation
- Managing an open and transparent process
- Avoiding mistakes that could cancel the procurement
- Writing the Statement of Requirement / Scope of Work
- Supplier Sourcing
- Working with approved suppliers
- Highlights of tender evaluation
Procurement's Support to the Organization
- The Interface between Supply Chain Management and Procurement
- Competitive procurement alternatives
- Defining business needs (Inputs, outputs and outcomes)
Evaluating Suppliers and their Bids
- Technical Evaluation of bids –
- planning and implementation
- Commercial Evaluation of bids –
- planning and implementation
- Sustainable Procurement
Negotiating the Best Deal
- Contract Negotiation tools and techniques
- Managing contract award
- Handling objections from losing bidders
Procurement and Business Strategy
- The development path for procurement from transactional to value chain management
- Procurement Organization, structure and job functions
Managing Procurement Risk
- What risks should procurement be considering?
- A process to identify, analyse and respond to priority risks
- Important supply chain risks – case study
- How to manage risks that turn into reality
Procurement – Performance Measurement and Governance
- Benefits of measuring the performance of procurement
- Assessing Purchasing Effectiveness and Purchasing Efficiency
- KPIs for measuring performance
- Procurement Information systems
Understand Supply Chains and Value Chains
- The Concept of the Supply Chain
- The Value Chain Concept
- The role and contribution of the Supply Chain upon organizational competitive strategy
Supply Chain Strategy – Process and Data Flow
- Procurement – The Gateway to the Supply Chain
- Establishing effective Process Flow
- Establishing effective Data flow
Supply Chain Strategy – Resilience and Efficiency
- The link between supply chain efficiency and supply chain resilience.
- The application of MRP and ERP Systems within Supply Chain Management.
- Effective Business Contingency Planning and disaster Recovery within Supply Chain Management.
Supply Chain Management – Enhancing Responsiveness
- Demand Forecasting techniques
- The impacts of volume, variation and demand
- Use of SCADA Systems to enhance efficiencies
Supply Chain Management – Improving Flow
- Key Supply Chain Diagnostic Tools
- Effective identification and management of “Bottlenecks”
- Establishing cycle time and continuous improvement
Supply Chain Management Techniques
- Lean, Agile, Lagile Supply Chain Structures
- Supply Chain Risk
Why choose London Business Training & Consulting
Management consultation service
Paperless service delivery model
Flexible open course schedule
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
We offer face-to-face classroom sessions as well as online training sessions through Zoom. With a vast range of scheduled courses to choose from, LBTC aims to satisfy your niche needs for management courses and more. With options of customisability, your every training need is satisfied. LBTC offers everything that helps you push the scales of your career and gain a competitive edge.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consultancy service provider. LBTC offers 600 management training courses in sixteen (16) subject categories of durations ranging from 1-day to 11-weeks. This includes 90-minute interactive live online training courses....
Find out more about this Advanced Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
1,990 GBP-2,750 GBP
Corporate Training for Teams