Financial Accounting - Level 2London Business Training & Consulting
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The nature of a limited company.
- The main external sources of finance available to limited companies, and their characteristics.
- The role of a stock exchange.
- The reporting requirements placed upon the directors of a company.
- How to prepare a statement of profit or loss and a statement of comprehensive income for a limited company.
- How to prepare a statement of financial position for a limited company.
- The purpose of a statement of changes in equity.
- The importance of reliable corporate governance.
- The crucial importance of cash to a business.
- The difference between profit and cash.
- How to prepare a simple statement of cash flows.
- Who uses financial statements and what their needs are.
- How to calculate and interpret ratios that enable you to comment on a business’s profitability, liquidity, and efficiency.
- How to calculate and interpret ratios that enable you to comment on a business’s capital structure, investment returns, and performance.
- The limitations of ratio analysis.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Those who wish to understand the implications of decisions made across a range of financial accounting issues.
- Those who wish to develop the ability to analyse, interpret, and question the accounting information they may encounter in a business context.
- Those who wish to acquire a sound appreciation of accounting and finance in order to communicate and succeed in the business world.
- Non-accounting staff who desire a practical introduction to the fundamentals of financial accounting.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
- The nature of limited companies
- Share capital
- The stock exchange
- Venture capital
- Loan capital and debentures
- Retained profits
- Reporting requirements
- The statement of profit or loss
- The statement of changes in equity
- The statement of financial position
- Intangible assets
- Revaluing assets
- The statement of comprehensive income
- Corporate governance
The Statement of Cash Flows
- Sources of cash flow
- Non-current assets and the statement of cash flows
- Movements in working capital
- Tax, interest, and dividends
- What to look for in a statement of cash flows
- Managing cash
Interpreting Financial Statements
- Ratio analysis
- The pyramid of ratios
- Probability ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Control of working capital
- The working capital cycle
Capital Structure and Investment Ratios
- Capital structure
- Investment ratios
- Limitations of ratio analysis
Why choose London Business Training & Consulting
Management consultation service
Paperless service delivery model
Flexible open course schedule
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Find out more about this Financial Accounting - Level 2 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
Vocational & College Courses