HRM Delivery and Relationship with Strategy
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The multiple meanings of HRM, the relationship between strategy and HRM, and the value of seeing strategy in terms of multiple stakeholders.
- The principal theoretical frameworks used in HRM – the universalist high-commitment paradigm, the contingency best-fit approach and the resource-based view of the firm.
- The distinctive roles played by HR professionals and line managers, as well as the alternative forms of HR service delivery through external consultants and shared service operations.
- The concept of leadership – whether it is different from management or not.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- HR managers and executives
- Heads of HR functions
- HR business partners and advisors
- HR professionals and practitioners
- Senior HR officers and assistants who wish to understand and contribute to the development and implementation of HRM within their organisations.
- Small-business owners and managers responsible for the people function within their organisations.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
HRM, Strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility
- The meaning of human resource management
- Business and corporate strategies
- Stakeholders and corporate responsibility
- High-Commitment HRM Policy and Practice
- An outline of high-commitment HR policies and practices
- Bundles of human resource practices
- Is high-commitment HRM universally applicable?
Aligning HRM with Organisational Goals
- Contingency theory and best fit
- ‘Best fit’ HRM
- Limitations of best-fit / contingency models
- Resource-based view of HRM and the ‘architecture’
- Applying RBV and architecture models to HRM
The Role of the HR function in Changing Times
- The development of HR as a specialist function
- Analysing the role of the HR function
- New forms of delivery: outsourcing, shared service centres and E-HRM
- Assessing the contribution of the HR function
Line Managers, Leadership and HRM
- Increasing the line management responsibility for HRM
- Problems with devolving HRM to line managers
- Developing line managers to provide effective HRM
Why choose London Business Training & Consulting
Management consultation service
Paperless service delivery model
Flexible open course schedule
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this HRM Delivery and Relationship with Strategy course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,200 GBP-4,435 GBP