Introduction to BankingLondon Business Training & Consulting
Introduction to Banking
Upon completion of this bank training course, you will be able to understand:
- The reasons why banks exist, the main services they offer, recent trends impacting on business areas, types of banking firms and the differences between domestic and international banking business.
- The pivotal role played by monetary policy and supervisory regulation and their impact on the banking sector (and economy as a whole).
- The rationale for central banking, the main tools and instruments of monetary policy and how various major central banks undertake their operations.
- The reasons why banks are so heavily regulated and why adequate solvency and liquidity are critical to maintain a safe and sound banking system.
- The important role played by capital in the banking sector as well as the relevance of the Basel Capital Accords.
- The determinants of bank failure as well as the toolkits at regulators’ disposal to supervise bank risk taking.
- The causes of banking and financial crises as well as effective crisis-management mechanisms.
- The main components of banks’ balance sheet and income statements, off-balance sheet activity and how to analyse bank performance and other issues using traditional ratio analysis.
- How banks manage their on- and off-balance sheet positions and the main risks faced in banking operations.
- The main risk-management approaches undertaken in banking.
- The institutional features of the banking/financial systems of the UK, the US, Europe, Japan and various emerging markets and transition economies.
- How the institutional features of the different banking systems are changing and the trends that are common to all systems.
- How to analyse and discuss the structural and performance features of these (and other) banking systems.
- Some of the current issues in banking.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Financial regulators
- Banking staff
- Those who wish to gain a comprehensive insight into the business of banking, the impact of the financial crisis upon the banking sector globally and the far-reaching regulatory reforms.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Introduction to Banking
- What is special about banks?
- Bank activities and services
- Types of banking
- International banking
Central Banking and Bank Regulation
- Theory of central banking
- Central banks in practice
- Bank regulation and supervision
- Bank failures and banking crises
Issues in Bank Management
- Banks’ balance sheet and income structure
- Bank financial management
- Banking risks
- Bank risk management
Comparative banking markets
- Banking in the UK
- Banking in Europe
- Banking in the US
- Banking in Japan
- Banking in emerging markets
Advanced Topics in Banking
- Banks and markets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Bank competition and financial stability
Why choose London Business Training & Consulting
Management consultation service
Paperless service delivery model
Flexible open course schedule
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Average rating 4.7Based on 3 reviews
Find out more about this Introduction to Banking course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!