Management Accounting - Level 2London Business Training & Consulting
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Which costs are relevant in short-term decision making.
- Whether an organisation should make or buy products.
- Which products should be prioritised if there are limited resources.
- If a product should be discontinued or a location closed.
- The nature and significance of appraising long-term investments.
- How to use a range of investment appraisal techniques to assess and compare projects.
- The advantages and limitations of each method.
- How a business might set its long-term strategy.
- The performance of a business using non-financial as well as financial measures.
- The use of benchmarking to improve performance.
- How to construct a balanced scorecard.
- How to calculate customer profitability.
- The role of integrated reporting.
- The role of environmental accounting and carbon reporting.
- The need for corporate governance and how ethical and environmental issues should be taken into account.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Those who wish to understand the implications of decisions made across a range of management accounting issues.
- Those who wish to develop the ability to analyse, interpret, and question the accounting information they may encounter in a business context.
- Those who wish to acquire a sound appreciation of accounting and finance in order to communicate and succeed in the business world.
- Non-accounting staff who desire a practical introduction to the fundamentals of management accounting.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Short-term Decision Making
- What are relevant revenues and costs?
- Make or buy decisions
- Limiting factors
- Upgrading equipment
- Closure of sites or discontinuing products
Investment Appraisal Techniques
- Accounting rate of return
- Payback period
- Net present value
- Discounting to present value
- Internal rate of return
Measuring and Reporting Performance
- Performance measurement: strategy and objectives
- Financial and non-financial performance measurement
- Key performance measures
- The balanced scorecard
- Customer profitability analysis
- Integrated reporting
- Environment accounting and carbon reporting
- Corporate governance
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Management Accounting - Level 2 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!