Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Build supportive relationships even when delivering negative feedback.
- Avoid defensiveness and disconfirmation in interpersonal communication.
- Improve the ability to apply principles of supportive communication.
- Improve relationships by using personal management interviews.
- Enhance personal and positional and power.
- Use influence appropriately to accomplish exceptional work.
- Neutralise inappropriate influence attempts.
- Diagnose work performance problems.
- Enhance the work-related abilities of others.
- Foster a motivating work environment.
- Diagnose the focus and source of conflicts.
- Utilise appropriate conflict management strategies.
- Resolve interpersonal confrontations through collaboration.
- Increase proficiency in analytical problem solving.
- Recognise personal conceptual blocks.
- Enhance creativity by overcoming conceptual blocks.
- Foster innovation among others.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Managers and executives.
- Those who wish to develop their interpersonal and personal skills.
- Those who wish to develop themselves as more competent and effective managers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Building Relationships by Communicating Supportively
- Building positive interpersonal relationships
- The importance of effective communication
- What is supportive communication?
- Principles of supportive communication
- The personal management interview
Gaining Power and Influence
- Building a strong power base and using influence wisely
- Is power a four-letter word?
- Abuse of power
- Influence strategies: thethree Rs
- The pros and cons of each strategy
- Acting assertively: neutralising influence attempts
- Increasing motivation and performance
- Diagnosing work performance problems
- Enhancing individuals’ abilities
- Fostering a motivating work environment
- Elements of an effective motivation programme
- Interpersonal conflict management
- Diagnosing the types of interpersonal conflict
- Selecting the appropriate conflict management approach
- Resolving interpersonal confrontations
Solving Problems Analytically and Creatively
- Problems solving, creativity, and innovation
- Steps in analytical problem solving
- Impediments to creative problem solving
- Multiple approaches to creativity
- Conceptual blocks
- Conceptual blockbusting
- Hints for applying problem-solving techniques
- Fostering creativity in others
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. LBTC’s services are delivered by practising business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Management Skills Development course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.