Project Planning and Management course – Level 1
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The process of project screening and selection
- The challenges of project management from the perspective of the project leader
- Project scope management and the key features in the overall plan
- The behavioural challenges project managers face in terms of effective team building and conflict management
- How to ensure as far as possible that project selection choices are appropriate, that all the risks and downside potential have been considered, and where appropriate, contingency plans have been developed.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This project planning and management course is suitable for:
- Chief operations officers
- Project and operations directors, managers, practitioners and team members
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
Project Selection and Portfolio Management
- Project selection
- Approaches to project screening and selection
- Financial models
- Project portfolio management
Leadership and the Project Manager
- Leaders versus managers
- How the project manager leads
- Traits of effective project leaders
- Project champions
- The new project leadership
- Project management professionalism
- Conceptual development
- The scope statement
- Work authorisation
- Scope reporting
- Control systems
- Project closeout
Project Team Building, Conflict, and Negotiation
- Building the project team
- Characteristics of effective project teams
- Reasons why teams fail
- Stages in group development
- Achieving cross-functional cooperation
- Virtual project teams
- Conflict management
- Risk management: a four-stage process
- Project risk management: an integrated approach
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Project Planning and Management course – Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!