Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How to apply key scheduling terminology.
- How to apply the logic used to create activity networks, including predecessor and successor tasks.
- How to develop an activity network using Activity-on-Node (AON) technique.
- How to perform activity duration estimation based on the use of probabilistic estimating techniques.
- How to construct the critical path for a project schedule network using forward and backward passes.
- Activity float and the manner in which it is determined.
- How to calculate the probability of a project finishing on time under PERT estimates.
- The steps that can be employed to reduce the critical path.
- How to construct and comprehend Gantt charts.
- Alternative means to accelerate projects, including their benefits and drawbacks.
- The trade-offs required in the decision to crash project activities.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Chief operations officers
- Project and operations directors, managers, practitioners and team members.
- Those who wish to take a holistic, integrated approach to managing projects, addressing both technical and management challenges.
- Those who wish to place an equal emphasis on both individual project execution and the strategic perspective, to be equipped with the means with which to manage projects at both the programme and portfolio levels.
- Those who wish to broaden their focus beyond the traditional project management activities of planning and scheduling, project control, and termination, to a more general, inclusive, and hence, more valuable perspective of the project management process.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
- Developing a network
- Duration estimation
- Constructing the critical path
- Gantt charts
- Crashing projects
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. LBTC’s services are delivered by practising business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Project Scheduling course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.