The CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace will benefit employees in a variety of work environments, as it provides candidates with essential knowledge and understanding of a range of health and safety issues. By highlighting typical workplace hazards and suggesting effective control measures, it will help them to work more safely and be more aware of how their own actions can affect the health, safety and well-being of others. It will also enable them to contribute meaningfully to any risk-assessment-based health and safety management system. This qualification is equally useful for those already in employment and those preparing to start or return to work.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone in a work environment.
Why is this training important?
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Leaders in Training
Leaders in Training is a small and professional family run training company based in South Wales bringing together the expertise of experienced training professionals from a variety of sectors. We provide workforce training and upskilling in Wales and the South...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!