Autism Awareness Diploma Training Course
Whether you are a teacher or you have a child of your own with autism, our autism awareness diploma is brimming with information, tips and advice to give you the tools to work with these special individuals, helping th enjoy a better quality of life.
The course modules provide you with enough information to give you the ability to start working with these children and adults with ease and confidence. The online course gives you access from anywhere at any time, so you can study at home on your laptop or even on the tube on your way home from work on your smartphone or tablet. The online study experience provided is designed to make studying easier, more convenient and affordable.
Introduction to the Autism Awareness Diploma
This course is broken down into eleven information packed modules to make it easier to manage, learn and absorb the material being provided. Each of the modules is set out in an easy to understand format.
On completion of the course you will be required to pass a multiple choice test. You are given two chances to pass. On passing you can download and print your industry recognised certification.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What You Will Learn
This course is overflowing with information and is designed to give you the knowledge and skill to work with children and adults with autism on a daily basis. This course will teach you the following:
- An introduction into autism. Learn the definition of this condition so you have a better understanding moving forward.
- The different conditions which could be related to autism
- Identify what learning disabilities are associated with autism
- In-depth knowledge into the social skills, communications and more
- What the main cause of autism is
- Insight into how autism is diagnosed in children
- How people with this condition communicate
- The behavioural patterns of an autistic person
- How to set limits
- Identify the common myths associated with this condition
- How to approach autism
- Insight into how to prepare a person for social engagent
- Learn the valuable person centred approach
- Know how to ensure that you provide a safe environment
- Visual strategies
- Understand why organisation is so important
- Learn about organisation at home, school, work and in the community
- Know the ethical considerations when working with someone with autism
- Identify how to improve autism awareness
- Learn about Autism Awareness UK goals and more
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction to Autism
- Module 2 : Learning Disabilities Associated with Autism
- Module 3 : Causes and Diagnoses of Autism
- Module 4 : Language and Communication Skills
- Module 5 : Understanding and Dealing with Autistic Behaviour
- Module 6 : Addressing Common Myths Connected with Autism
- Module 7 : Recognised Approaches to Autism
- Module 8 : Best Practices when Dealing with Autistic Individuals
- Module 9 : Organisational Considerations
- Module 10 : Ethical Considerations and Legal Obligations
- Module 11 : Encouraging Autism Awareness
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...