This course teaches the essential web page development skills, preparing learners to work as a productive part of a web development team.
Throughout the programme, learners cover the full spectrum of web development, from writing code manually to working with images, creating hyperlinks, adding audio and video and optimising web pages for search engines. Upon certification, the skills and knowledge will be in place to create basic websites.
The programme is ideal for students who want to demonstrate their growing range of IT skills in order to present a rounded base of employable assets when entering the job market. It is also designed to enable professionals to add to their capabilities within a range of business sectors:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
No previous knowledge of web page development or configuring networks is necessary to study this course and gain accreditation. All students need is to be familiar with an operating system such as Windows 7. The comprehensive range of modules then builds rapidly on this base knowledge, preparing students for the skill of web page development, which is highly sought-after by countless employers.
Key learning points
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are at the core of web page development, and this course gives learners a thorough grounding to pursue a career in areas including web site design or marketing. Content includes:
- Web site development using HTML and Extensible HTML (XHTML)
- Manual code writing, graphical user interface (GUI) authoring tools, and XHTML code validation
- Web page development using images, hyperlinks, tables, forms and frames
- CGI and connecting webpages to databases
- Internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO)
- CSS for formatting web page content, and fundamental web design concepts
- Development of websites as managed projects
- Introductory e-commerce solutions, and the relationship of website development to business goals
This course prepares candidates to take the CIW Site Development Associate exam, which, if passed, provides CIW Site Development Associate certification.
Advantages of this course
- The CIW Site Development Associate course is the ideal way for learners to transform their knowledge and use of the web, moving from being a web surfer into the realm of designing and building web pages.
- Certification gives students a powerful extra selling point on their CVs, while enabling those in careers to advance their professional standing.
- Learners can be students looking to gain a powerful new skill, or professionals looking to widen their repertoire and further their careers.
- Certification means candidates are far better prepared to begin the CIW Web Design Specialist programme.
- It also provides powerful evidence for potential employers of possessing the key attributes to develop basic websites.
- This course is part of the high-stakes Web Foundations series; certification exams are changing to reflect the latest in web technologies.
- Candidates progressing to the exam will be allowed to mix and match the previous-version exams with the new-version exams to earn the three modular certifications in the CIW Web Foundations series.
Units of Study
- Markup Language and Site Development Essentials
- HTML5 Coding
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Graphical Elements
- HTML Tables
- Web Forms
- Video, Audio and Image Techniques
- Extensing HTML
- GUI HTML Editors and Mobile Web Sites
- Web Site Development for Business
You Can ADD Live Tutor Support to Our Official CIW Courses HERE
Online Access : 1 YearCompatibility : Windows, MacExam Included : NoNeed to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...
Find out more about this CIW Site Development Associate Online Training (1D0-61B) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!