Coding for Beginners Certificate Training Course
If you're curious to understand how the software that you are using every day has been created or you are eager to write your own programs but don’t know where to start, this course is for you! Join millions of people around the globe in learning to code - the most essential skill for the 21st century.
Taking this fast track course will be beneficial if you are looking to become an IT professional or considering a career switch. But even if you don’t want to work as a coder, taking this course would expand your technical knowledge and confidence and give you a new perspective on the technological changes in the world. Anyone can learn to code!
Coding for Beginners Certificate
The course contains the essential concepts that anyone who is new to coding should learn in order to start writing simple code. This course is designed with the beginner in mind and packed full of example code in Python - one of the most popular general purpose coding languages in the last couple of years.
By the end of the course, you will also know a lot about object-oriented programming, and learning these fundamental principles will not only give you a background for further study, but will show you another way to think about the world from a machine’s point of view.
What you will learn:
The aim of the course is to help you write and run your first lines of actual code. It is a practical course with fun coding activities and exercises as well as all the needed material to guide you in completing them.
- The history of coding including all notable achievements and computer prototypes
- The main components of a computing machine for storing digital information in binary
- How to create variables, set their data types and use operators for complex calculations
- Controlling the flow of the program by writing conditional statements for recursion
- How to use built-in functions and write your own self-contained code
- How to organise your code in modules and packages that can reference each other
- The ideas behind Object-Oriented coding
- How to construct programs using structures such as classes and instances
Benefits of this course
There are a number of benefits to taking this course, which include:
- A comprehensive, practical and easy-to-understand course material
- Example code with comprehensive explanations using the Python coding language
- End of module activities and a final test which are designed to expand your overall understanding and put what you’ve learned into action
- Can be completed anywhere with an Internet connection
- Gaining relevant knowledge about an ever-growing industry, which will provide you with practical skills for the workforce
- Being able to write simple Python programs at the end of the course
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Evolution of Computers and Coding
- Module 2: Getting ready to code
- Module 3: Mathematics Basics
- Module 4: Variables & Data Types
- Module 5: Working with variables using operators and data type conversion
- Module 6: Controlling the flow of code using conditional statements and loops
- Module 7: Working with Built-in and User-defined Functions
- Module 8: Organising code into modules and packages
- Module 9: Creating Object Oriented programs using classes and instances
- Module 10: Reusing code by inheritance, external files and third-party packages
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...