Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Advanced Diploma Training Course
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a popular therapy paradigm that is used in the treatment of depression, anxiety, eating disorders, relationship probls and other causes of psychological distress. It is widely available on the NHS and there are many professional opportunities for those with qualifications in this field.
This course provides further information and practical guidance for those who are already familiar with the basic ideas and implentation of CBT and are looking to further extend their knowledge.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirents to take the course. What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You Will Learn:
- The theory behind Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), its indications and its contraindications.
- The basics of behavioural neuroscience, the link between the nervous syst and behaviour and how a grounding in this field will help you become a more effective CBT practitioner.
- The key ideas underlying three distinct types of CBT therapy “ Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Behavioural Therapy (BT), and Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) “ and an overview of the techniques used by practitioners of each approach.
- How CBT practitioners approach the therapy process and how they make use of materials that guide th in helping their clients make positive changes to their lives.
- How CBT-E, a special type of CBT developed for use in patients with eating disorders, works in treating eating disorder symptoms and preventing relapse.
- How CBT can be used to improve mood in people with depression and why cognitive distortions are the key to understanding depression.
- How CBT provides individuals with a set of skills that help reduce their stress levels and risk of burnout, how it can be used to cure anxiety disorders, and why it is a good treatment option for insomnia.
- Why relationship difficulties are so common, how couples and families become locked in dysfunctional patterns of relating to one another, and how CBT practitioners can help th take a healthier approach to their relationships.
- What is meant by the term œaddiction, the factors that maintain an addiction, and how a well-structured CBT programme can break the cycles that keep addiction going.
- What to consider when barking on a career as a therapist, including how to choose between private sector and public sector practice and how to meet your obligations under the law.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will learn about the cognitive, otional, behavioural and neurological aspects of psychological distress.
- You will gain insight into several mental illnesses, including their causes and symptoms. This will be useful if you work, or wish to work, with clients or patients experiencing these probls.
- You will discover how human behaviour is governed by external and internal factors, which will help you make sense of other people's behaviour both at home and at work.
- Your knowledge of CBT practices will stand you in good stead for a career in the helping and medical professions.
- You can study from any location with an internet connection.
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course “ no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: What is CBT?
- Module 2: Behavioural Neuroscience
- Module 3: Acceptance Commitment Therapy, Behavioural Therapy and Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Module 4: The Structure of CBT Therapy
- Module 5: Using CBT in the Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Module 6: CBT in the Treatment of Depression
- Module 7: CBT in the Treatment of Stress and Anxiety
- Module 8: How CBT Can Be Used To Improve Relationships
- Module 9: How CBT Can Be Used To Treat Addiction
- Module 10: Working as a CBT Therapist
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...