CompTIA A+ Certification (220-1001 & 220-1002) Online Bundle
For anyone wanting to enter the IT world, the CompTIA A+ certification is a great start! The A+ by CompTIA is recognized as one of the top entry-level certifications in the industry. It provides you with a solid foundation in hardware, software and troubleshooting skills in order to build or supplent your technical knowledge.
The new 2019 CompTIA A+ Core Series covers expanded content on growing parts of the IT support role including an expansion of baseline security topics and a different approach to defining competency in operational procedures. CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, and network troubleshooting.
The content for this training is divided into two separate full length courses. When purchasing, you will have access to both courses. CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1) is 20 hours 39 minutes and CompTIA A+ 220-1002 (Core 2) is 16 hours 41 minutes.
This course is the most recent updated path to CompTIA A+ Certification and replaces the prior CompTIA A+ (220-901 and 220-902) course.
Example Training Video (Not From This Course)
LEARN365 Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Instructor-Led Training: Learn 365 uses only the industry's finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Donstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes instructor-led donstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Learn 365 always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Quizzes & Exam Simulators: Learn 365's custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Learn 365 courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Social Learning & Networking: Learn 365 has designed a world class Learning Managent Syst (LMS). This syst allows you to interact and collaborate with other students and Learn 365 ployees, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and like different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcent features.
Flash Cards & Educational Games: IT online learning knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extrely high.
Navigation and Controls: Learn 365's self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Training Course Content
CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1)1.0 - Mobile Devices
- 1.1 Given a scenario, install and configure laptop hardware and components
- 1.2 Given a scenario, install components within the display of a laptop
- 1.3 Given a scenario, use appropriate laptop features
- 1.4 Compare and contrast characteristics of various types of other mobile devices
- 1.5 Given a scenario, connect and configure accessories and ports of other mobile devices
- 1.6 Given a scenario, configure basic mobile device network connectivity and application support
- 1.7 Given a scenario, use methods to perform mobile device synchronization
- 2.1 Compare and contrast TCP and UDP ports, protocols and their purpose
- 2.2 Compare and contrast common networking hardware devices
- 2.3 Given a scenario, install and configure a basic wired/wireless SOHO network
- 2.4 Compare and contrast wireless networking protocols
- 2.5 Summarize the properties and purposes of services provided by networked hosts
- 2.6 Explain common network configuration concepts
- 2.7 Compare and contrast internet connection types, network types and their features
- 2.8 Given a scenario, use appropriate networking tools
- 3.1 Explain basic cable types, features and their purposes
- 3.2 Identify common connector types
- 3.3 Given a scenario, install RAM types
- 3.4 Given a scenario, select, install and configure storage devices
- 3.5 Given a scenario, install and configure motherboards, CPUs and add-on cards
- 3.6 Explain the purposes and uses of various peripheral types
- 3.7 Summarize power supply types and features
- 3.8 Given a scenario, select and configure appropriate components for a custom PC configuration to meet customer specifications/needs
- 3.9 Given a scenario, install and configure common devices
- 3.10 Given a scenario, configure SOHO multifunction devices/printers and settings
- 3.11 Given a scenario, install and maintain various print technologies
4.0 Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- 4.1 Compare and contrast cloud computing concepts
- 4.2 Given a scenario, set up and configure client-side virtualization
5.0 Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
- 5.1 Given a scenario, use the best practice methodology to resolve probls
- 5.2 Given a scenario, troubleshoot probls related to motherboards, RAM, CPUs and power
- 5.3 Given a scenario, troubleshoot hard drives and RAID arrays
- 5.4 Given a scenario, troubleshoot video, projector and display issues
- 5.5 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common mobile device issues while adhering to the appropriate procedures
- 5.6 Given a scenario, troubleshoot printers
- 5.7 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wires and wireless network probls
CompTIA A+ 220-1002 (Core 2)Module 1 “ Operation Systs
- Compare and contrast common operating syst types and their purposes
- Compare and contrast features of Microsoft Windows versions
- Summarize general OS installation considerations and upgrade methods
- Given a scenario, use appropriate Microsoft command line tools
- Given a scenario, use Microsoft operating syst features and tools
- Given a scenario, use Microsoft Windows Control Panel utilities
- Summarize application installation and configuration concepts
- Given a scenario, configure Microsoft Windows networking on a client/desktop
- Given a scenario, use features and tools of the Mac OS and Linux client/desktop operating systs
Module 2 “ Security
- Summarize the importance of physical security measures
- Explain logical security concepts
- Compare and contrast wireless security protocols and authentication methods
- Given a scenario, detect, rove, and prevent malware using appropriate tools and methods
- Compare and contrast social engineering, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Compare and contrast the differences of basic Microsoft Windows OS security settings
- Given a scenario, implent security best practices to secure a workstation
- Given a scenario, implent methods for securing mobile devices
- Given a scenario, implent appropriate data destruction and disposal methods
- Given a scenario, configure security on SOHO wireless and wired networks
Module 3 “ Software Troubleshooting
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot Microsoft Windows OS probls
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve PC security issues
- Given a scenario, use best practice procedures for malware roval
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot mobile OS and application issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot mobile OS and application security issues
Module 4 “ Operational Procedures
- Compare and contrast best practices associated with types of documentation
- Given a scenario, implent basic change managent best practices
- Given a scenario, implent basic disaster prevention and recovery methods
- Explain common safety procedures
- Explain environmental impacts and appropriate controls
- Explain the processes for addressing prohibited content/activity, and privacy, licensing, and policy concepts
- Given a scenario, use proper communication techniques and professionalism
- Identify the basics of scripting
- Given a scenario, use rote access technologies
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...