Construction Managent Diploma Level 1-3 Training Course
This Construction Managent course is the perfect choice for those looking to broaden their knowledge in the field of construction and equip thselves with the skills that they need to progress their career in this area. Broken down into ten comprehensive and easy to follow modules, you will learn all about the full life cycle of the construction managent process and gain a detailed understanding of the key disciplines in the sector.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for anybody already working in the construction sector or anybody thinking of making a career move into the field. It is particularly useful for those who have previous experience within construction and are taking the next step into managent. However, the course has been specifically designed to require no previous knowledge of construction.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirents to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you will learn
This course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more:
- The important phases of a construction managent project, including design, pre-construction, procurent, construction and commissioning/completion
- The key activities that take place in each phase of a construction project and what success looks like
- The key technical skills and personal attributes that you need to become a good construction manager and how to develop a career in the field of construction managent
- How project managent skills can be successfully used within construction
- Estimating and bidding for construction work and how to write a successful tender
- The importance of health and safety on a construction site, including how to conduct risk assessments, manual handling techniques and dealing with accidents, injuries and hazardous materials
- How to choose, purchase and manage your equipment and building materials, including the importance of sustainability and environmentally friendly policies in the construction sector
- Implenting appropriate storage and waste managent strategies on a construction site
- Why training is vital for all workers within construction, the key areas to train workers on and the different methods of training delivery
- An understanding of the purchasing process within a construction project, how to implent a stock control process and how to successfully negotiate with suppliers as part of a good purchasing strategy
- How to ensure good quality across the different phases of construction managent, including quality standards and dealing with site inspections and legal regulations
- An overview of different types of ployment and worker statutes found in the construction sector, including the use of contractors and subcontractors
- Common reasons for disputes and ways to avoid and resolve conflict.
Benefits of taking the course
The first module will provide you with an overarching general introduction to construction managent and each subsequent module will focus on two or three specific areas, giving you all of the information and detail that you need to hit the ground running.
The course covers a good range of specific and technical construction detail and also more general managent principles with the aim of giving you a broad and all-encompassing knowledge in the field.
Students working towards achieving a certificate in Construction Managent will see a variety of benefits. These include the following:
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- You can study training material on any device including computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- The opportunity to access a comprehensive syllabus that will assist you in acquiring the knowledge necessary to fast track you in the process to becoming a construction manager.
- The opportunity to gain prospects while applying for work or other opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: An Introduction to Successful Construction Managent
- Module 2: Construction Projects Development and Organisation
- Module 3: Estimating the Construction Work and Investigating the Location for Site Selection
- Module 4 : Maintaining Site Organisation
- Module 5: Equipment Planning and Managent
- Module 6: Managing Your Materials
- Module 7: Storage and Waste Managent
- Module 8: Purchase Managent
- Module 9: Maintaining Quality throughout Construction
- Module 10: Important legal contract information and HR
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...