Defining HR (Human Resources) Online Training Course
Human Resources (HR), also known as Human Resource Management (HRM), is a set of practices that align people-related activities with the aims and values of the organisation in which they work. Virtually every business and charitable organisation will call on the services of HR professionals at some point and almost all employees will come into direct contact with HR at some stage in their career.
HRM is a broad term and it can be difficult to understand precisely what happens in an HR department. Many employees do not quite trust HR departments and assume that their main function is to oversee “hiring and firing” procedures.
In this course, you will take a close look at what HR professionals do in their day-to-day roles, the scope of HRM practices and how the discipline has moved beyond simple personnel administration to become a dynamic force in shaping organisational vision across every sector.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Anyone looking to begin a career in HR will benefit from this course, as it presents a broad overview of this area.
- Those working in management positions that involve liaising with HR professionals will feel more confident working with people with an HR background after completing this course.
- If you are interested in employee relations, this course will provide you with background information that will further your knowledge in this area.
- Anyone responsible for developing growth strategies will benefit from learning how HR plays a key role in shaping an organisation’s future.
- Any employee keen to learn more about their rights at work will be interested in the content of this course, as it outlines how HR professionals operate on behalf of both the organisation and its staff to resolve problems and create a better working environment.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: The Key Functions of HR
- Module 2: Misconceptions Surrounding HR
- Module 3: Roles and Careers in HR
- Module 4: Measuring Effectiveness of HR Functions
- Module 5: Challenges Faced by Modern HR Departments
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...