The Game Development course package will provide you with the skills required to bring your digital dreams to life. The courses will take you through 3 key sectors of games development namely: Character Design, Animation and Programming. For this phase you will be building a simple 2D games prototype for a hack and slash side scroller. This course really helps you to build the foundation needed to make your own computer game.
- The first stage of our gaming course will start by educating you with some traditional drawing practices and character design basics while illustrating the Adobe Photoshop interface and features. These steps will lead you into creating a fully realised character design.
- The second stage of our gaming development course will examine practical examples of Disney Animation Studios “12 Principles of Animation” before animating the character we made in the character design stage. These steps will solidify your knowledge of the animation processes: “Straight Ahead” and “Pose to Pose”.
- The third stage of our gaming course will allow you to utilise any work made in the earlier animation and character design stages. You will be placing these into the free Unity games engine to make a prototype hack and slash computer game with some basic functionality.
As seasoned creatives we knew what we wanted in our course: Lessons which can be experienced in smaller bites – prioritising vital information. To be taught in a fun and engaging way – it’s a game we are creating here not a spreadsheet. A course that gives you complete control of your learning experience.
BONUS : We've added a wide selection of Adobe PhotoShop & Graphic Design courses!
Stage #1: Character Design Course:
- Researching your Hero Character
- Developing your Hero Character Design
- Using tablet pressure in Photoshop
- Import your Hero Character for Scale and Clean-up
- Sketching your Hero Character's Head
- Inking your Hero Character
- Designing your Hero Character's Costume
- Painting your Hero Character
Stage #2: Character Animation Course:
- The 12 Principles of Animation
- Skeleton Key Frames for Walk Cycle
- Skeleton Inbetweens for Walk Cycle
- Walk Cycle Solid Drawing Straight Ahead
- Rough Attack Keys using Pose to Pose
- Rough Attack Extremes using Pose to Pose
- Rough Attack Breakdowns using Pose to Pose
Stage #3: Game Development Course:
- Introduction to Unity
- Setting up a Unity project
- Layers and Tags
- Game space Object and Prefabs
- Adding our Hero
- Adding an Enemy
- Camera Controllers
- Adding Animations
- Player Attack
- Enemy Attack
- Populating the Scene
- Health Bar
- Health Bottles
- Main Menu
- Pause, Win and Lose
- Polishing and Debugging
BONUS : Adobe PhotoShop & Graphic Design Courses
- PhotoShop CC Masterclass Part 1
- PhotoShop CC Masterclass Part 2
- PhotoShop CC - Prepare for the Adobe Certified Expert Exam in PhotoShop CC
- Essential Skills for Designers – Making Selections of People in PhotoShop
- Essential Skills for Designers – Masking
- Essential Skills for Designers – Mastering the Pen Tool
- Essential Skills for Designers – Working with Type
- PhotoShop CS6 Essentials
- PhotoShop CS5 Essentials
- PhotoShop CS5 Advanced
- PhotoShop CS4 Essentials
- PhotoShop CS4 Advanced
Outcome / Qualification etc.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...
Find out more about this Game Development 101 Online Training Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!