Machine Learning : Apache Storm - Learn by Example
In this ’Apache Storm: Learn by Example’ online course, you will learn how to use Storm to build applications which need you to be highly responsive to the latest data, and react within seconds and minutes, such as finding the latest trending topics on Twitter, or monitoring spikes in payment gateway failures. Supplemental material included!
Storm is to real-time stream processing what Hadoop is to batch processing. From simple data transformations to applying machine learning algorithms on the fly, Storm can do it all.
What’s covered in this Apache Storm: Learn by Example online training course?
- Understanding Spouts and Bolts, which are the building blocks of every Storm topology
- Running a Storm topology in the local mode and in the remote mode
- Parallelizing data processing within a topology using different grouping strategies: Shuffle grouping, Fields grouping, Direct grouping, All grouping, Custom grouping
- Managing reliability and fault-tolerance within Spouts and Bolts
- Performing complex transformations on the fly using the Trident topology: Map, Filter, Windowing, and Partitioning operations
- Applying ML algorithms on the fly using libraries like Trident-ML and Storm-R
What are the requirements?
- Experience in Java programming and familiarity with using Java frameworks
- A Java IDE such as IntelliJ Idea should be installed
What am I going to get from this course?
- Build a Storm Topology for processing data
- Manage reliability and fault tolerance of the topology
- Control parallelism using different grouping strategies
- Perform complex transformations using Trident
- Apply Machine Learning algorithms on the fly in Storm applications
What is the target audience?
- Engineers looking to set up end-to-end data processing pipelines that react to changes in real time
- Folks familiar with Batch processing technologies like Hadoop who want to learn more about Stream processing
Training Course Content
In this MySQL: Become a Certified Database Engineer course, you will be introduced to database design and create your first database. Then you will learn all about MySQL variables, operators, security, replication, and so much more. By the time you've completed this course, you will be on your way to becoming a certified database engineer!
Length: 5 hrs
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...