Course DescriptionIn this 'Apache Storm: Learn by Example' online course, you will learn how to use Storm to build applications which need you to be highly responsive to the latest data, and react within seconds and minutes, such as finding the latest trending topics on Twitter, or monitoring spikes in payment gateway failures. Supplemental material included!Storm is to real-time stream processing what Hadoop is to batch processing. From simple data transformations to applying machine learning algorithms on the fly, Storm can do it all.What's covered in this Apache Storm: Learn by Example online training course?
- Understanding Spouts and Bolts, which are the building blocks of every Storm topology
- Running a Storm topology in the local mode and in the remote mode
- Parallelizing data processing within a topology using different grouping strategies: Shuffle grouping, Fields grouping, Direct grouping, All grouping, Custom grouping
- Managing reliability and fault-tolerance within Spouts and Bolts
- Performing complex transformations on the fly using the Trident topology: Map, Filter, Windowing, and Partitioning operations
- Applying ML algorithms on the fly using libraries like Trident-ML and Storm-R
- Experience in Java programming and familiarity with using Java frameworks
- A Java IDE such as IntelliJ Idea should be installed
- Build a Storm Topology for processing data
- Manage reliability and fault tolerance of the topology
- Control parallelism using different grouping strategies
- Perform complex transformations using Trident
- Apply Machine Learning algorithms on the fly in Storm applications
- Engineers looking to set up end-to-end data processing pipelines that react to changes in real time
- Folks familiar with Batch processing technologies like Hadoop who want to learn more about Stream processing
Course OutlineChapter 01: You, This Course, and Us 02:06
- How does Twitter compute Trends?
- Improving Performance using Distributed Processing
- Building blocks of Storm Topologies
- Adding Parallelism in a Storm Topology
- Components of a Storm Cluster
- A Simple Hello World Topology
- Ex 1: Implementing a Spout
- Ex 1: Implementing a Bolt
- Ex 1: Submitting the Topology
- Ex 2: Reading Data from a File
- Representing Data using Tuples
- Ex 3: Accessing data from Tuples
- Ex 4: Writing Data to a File
- Setting up a Storm Cluster
- Ex 5: Submitting a topology to the Storm Cluster
- Ex 6 : Shuffle Grouping
- Ex 7: Fields Grouping
- Ex 8: All Grouping
- Ex 9: Custom Grouping
- Ex 10: Direct Grouping
- Ex 11: Building a Word Count Topology
- Ex 12: A Storm Topology for DRPC calls
- Ex 13: Managing Failures in Spouts
- Ex 14: Implementing a Twitter Spout
- Ex 15: Using a HDFS Bolt
- Ex 16: Building a Storm Topology using Python
- Ex 17: Building a basic Trident Topology rs Classifier
- Ex 18: Implementing a Map Function
- Ex 19: Implementing a Filter Function
- Ex 20: Aggregating data Classifiers
- Ex 21: Understanding States
- Ex 21: Understanding States
- Ex 23: Joining data streams
- Ex 24: Building a Twitter Hashtag Extractor
Length of Subscription: 12 Months Online On-Demand Access Running Time: 4 hrs 4 min Platform: Windows & MAC OS Level: Beginner to Advanced Project Files: Included
Learn anytime, anywhere, at home or on the go.
Stream your training via the internet, or download to your computer and supported mobile device, including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and most Android devices.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...
Find out more about this Machine Learning : Apache Storm - Learn by Example course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
445 GBP-635 GBP