Certificate in Market and Liquidity Risk Management
Within this course various market risk models and approaches will be covered in addition to liquidity risk management best practices and approaches from practitioners’ point of view.
The course has been structured to be highly interactive with aim to encourage participants to engage with others to identify where companies have gone wrong in the past, why they experienced issues, what risks they missed or ignored and how these issues could find their way into their own organizations. Moreover, financial crisis consequences forced players in the financial Services industry continually to address the formulation, implementation, review and subsequent revision (if needed) of liquidity management strategies to ensure that sensitivity to interest rate changes and currency fluctuations are within acceptable risk tolerance levels.
This course will give an overview of the challenges of managing liquidity risk as well as recommendations to address this important risk. All these topics will be covered from practical and industry relevant aspects.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Professionals associated with the fields of:
- Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Financial Services
- Financial Planning
- Project Management
- Strategy Development
- Corporate Risk Management
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Market and Liquidity Risk in relation to meeting strategic objectives of the business
- Review the definitions of Liquidity Risk including the alternative methodologies which can be used to calculate them
- Interaction between major different risk types – Market, Credit, Liquidity, Operational, Reputational, Strategic
- Maintaining excellent risk culture within an organization
- Understand the methods which enable market risks to be measured and controlled as well as the metrics associated with them.
- Understand the trends and new regulations for market risk, asset liability management, and managing risk-based capital.
- Market and liquidity risk faced by organizations, theirs recognition and measurement.
- Build a contingency funding plan to address stress cash outflows, capital requirements and associated banking book criteria.
- Assess liquidity risk management, asset and liability management and funding strategy in a structured manner through a better understanding of the Basel III Accords.
35 NASBA CPE credits
Training Course Content
- Introduction to Market Risk
- Standardized approach for capital
- Standardized default risk capital
- Simplified standardized approach
- Internal Models Approach Overview
- Backtesting and P&L attribution test
- IMA Capital requirements calculation
- Trading Risk Stress testing techniques
- Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book Overview
- Minimum capital requirements for interest rate risk in the banking book
- Metrics Overview
- Pillar II capital treatment for IRRBB
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Leverage Ratio, Risk-Based Capital Ratio and Risk Weighted Assets
- Key Elements in Basel III
- Capital Adequacy under Basel III
- Supervisory and external disclosure requirements
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The Partners for Quality Award recognizes an Employer providing support to an individual where there was a significant benefit to the Division or Society. LEORON institute was granted the prestigious award for their continued promotion of Organizational Excellence through training courses that are directly related to quality improvement techniques and methodologies they provide while promoting the values and mission of ASQ Quality Management Division.
Provider: LEORON Professional Development Institute
Built upon the strong experience in the manufacturing sector, which its founders developed in Sweden during the 90’s global expansion, LEORON evolved into the dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions. All across the...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Certificate in Market and Liquidity Risk Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
LEORON Institute is accredited by ANSI as, ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer.
Open / Scheduled
Open / Scheduled
e-learning / Online / Distance
Open / Scheduled