Project Quality Management
It is often said that the key issue in Project Management is handling the triple constraint of Scope, Time and Cost. But while it is generally accepted that these three may slip, and frequently do, Quality requirements are much more demanding. Quality failures can lead to ballooning project costs and delays, and to hefty penalties and litigation if errors are not discovered and corrected on time. On the other hand, good quality of both deliverables and work processes ensure customer satisfaction, repeat business, and an improved work environment for all project participants and stakeholders.
This course will follow the presentation of Project Quality Management processes and tools from the recently released 6th Edition of PMI’s PMBOK Guide, but enhances it with actual industry cases and experiences. An additional section covers effective, Lean based methods to enhance cross-discipline collaboration, drive quality improvements, and lead to more efficient project execution.
The material is geared primarily towards projects resulting in physical deliverables, such as civil, mechanical and electrical construction and major maintenance projects. Due to time limitations we will not be discussing the specialized Quality methods applicable to more intangible areas such as software development or product design.
This course should be of interest to all professionals involved in project planning and execution, or in technical areas often involved in assessing the quality of project deliverables. It should also provide valuable insights and a fresh perspective to Quality professionals involved in Project Quality assurance and control.
Our courses will help you gain the required knowledge and to practice the concepts and tools so you can confidently apply this knowledge upon returning to your project or workplace. The appropriate blend of instructor expertise, peer interaction, and course structure will keep you on track and allow you to meet your goals.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
- Program and Project Managers
- Managers with line responsibility for Project Performance and Project Deliverables
- Line and Supply Chain Managers and Analysts responsible for contracting project activities and setting project contractor terms
- Quality Managers with responsibility for Project Quality
- Technical Subject Matter Experts involved in Project Quality planning and assessment
- Project Leaders and Coordinators
Experience managing projects or working in Project Delivery or Project Quality roles. Alternatively, working in the Quality function with current or future Project Quality responsibilities.
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education or
- Four-year degree
- 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Section I will level the basics understanding of both Project and Quality Management and present the PMI framework for Project Quality Management.
- Section II addresses how to Plan for Quality and how to incorporate Quality and
Process Improvement activities within the overall Project Plan. It also covers important tools for assessing and quantifying Client expectations so they can be effectively managed through the Project.
- Section III goes into the process and practices for gathering data to monitoring Project Quality and the tools that allow to present that data to create insight about quality and performance issues in the Project.
- Section IV, on Managing Quality, presents how to go beyond simply inspecting and correcting deliverables, and move to effectively improve the processes that create those deliverables in order to prevent defects from being created and to increase overall performance.
- Section V goes beyond the PMI framework and teaches how to apply simple, practical
- Lean techniques to improve quality, performance and collaboration across the multiple actors involved in complex project execution.
- Learn how to align the Project plan and activities to ensure customer satisfaction with the process and the results.
- Learn to apply key Lean concepts to improve project results, reduce rework and enhance cross-discipline collaboration.
- Move beyond the death spiral of inspection, testing and rework and towards effective quality management and improvement.
- Understand the variety of Quality tools available in a Project environment and practice how to apply them to promote project success.
- Improve competitiveness and time-to-market through better project results and enhanced client-contractor experience and interactions.
Training Course Content
Module 1: Project Quality Management and its Business Drivers
- The Project as a Unique Endeavor
- Quality Definitions and Concepts
- The Cost of Quality
- Continuous Improvement
- Coming together: Project Quality
- The Components of Project Quality Management
Module 2: Planning Quality Management
- The Quality Management Plan
- Project Quality Metrics
- Project and Organizational Context
- Key Tools and Techniques
Module 3: Controlling Quality
- Quality Metrics Tracking
- Inspection and Testing
- Other Data Sources
- Visual Data Display
- Digging Deeper
Module 4: Managing Quality
- Executing the Quality Management Plan
- Quality Assurance
- Process Improvement
Module 5: Leading and Coaching for Improvement: Lessons from Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Thinking Origins and Evolution
- The Lean concept of Waste
- Lean Principles in Project Management
- The Three Flows of Project Execution
- Shifting Behaviors from “Plan-Do” to "Plan-Do-Check-Act"
- Collaborative Planning
- Inspection and testing
- Statistical Sampling,
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The Partners for Quality Award recognizes an Employer providing support to an individual where there was a significant benefit to the Division or Society. LEORON institute was granted the prestigious award for their continued promotion of Organizational Excellence through training courses that are directly related to quality improvement techniques and methodologies they provide while promoting the values and mission of ASQ Quality Management Division.
Provider: LEORON Professional Development Institute
Built upon the strong experience in the manufacturing sector, which its founders developed in Sweden during the 90’s global expansion, LEORON evolved into the dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions. All across the...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Project Quality Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
LEORON Institute is accredited by ANSI as, ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer.