Risk in Financial Services - In-house Training Course
An important aspect of the financial services industry is the management of financial risk on behalf of its
customers and owners. To discuss the risks faced by a financial services firm is, therefore, to address one of the core reasons for its existence. For risk management practitioners, that is what gives the disciplines within risk management their importance – and their intellectual appeal.
The basic concepts are not difficult to grasp, as will be seen as we progress through this course, but understanding their interrelationship is sometimes less straightforward.
Accordingly, this in-house course will help professionals advance their intellectual and practical appeal in the following areas:
- Principles of Risk Management
- International Risk Regulation
- Operational, Credit and Market Risk
- Investment and Liquidity Risk
- Corporate Governance and Risk Oversight
- Model Risk
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course and exam are essential for any professional undertaking a function or career in financial risk management. It is suited to those involved in risk and compliance, regulatory activities, bankers, analysts and
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
ELEMENT 1: Principles of Risk Management
- 1.1 Introduction to Risk in Business
- 1.2 Specific Risks in Financial Services
ELEMENT 2: International Risk Regulation
- 2.1 The Bank for International Settlements
- 2.2 Basel Regulatory Capital
- 2.3 Principles-Based Regulation
- 2.4 Other Relevant Regulations
ELEMENT 3: Operational Risk
- 3.1 Definitions of Operational Risk
- 3.2 Operational Risk Policy
- 3.3 Operational Risk Framework
- 3.4 Operational Risk Identification
- 3.5 Operational Risk Assessment and Measurement
ELEMENT 4: Credit Risk
- 4.1 Identification of Credit Risk
- 4.2 Credit Risk Measurement
- 4.3 Credit Risk Management
ELEMENT 5: Market Risk
- 5.1 Identification of Market Risk
- 5.2 Market Risk Management
ELEMENT 6: Investment Risk
- 6.1 The Measurement of Investment Returns
- 6.2 Identification and Measurement of Investment Risk
ELEMENT 7: Liquidity Risk
- 7.1 Identification of Liquidity Risk
- 7.2 Measurement of Liquidity Risk
- 7.3 Management of Liquidity Risk
ELEMENT 8: Corporate Governance and Risk Oversight
- 8.1 Internal Corporate Governance
- 8.2 Culture and Leadership
- 8.3 Risk Governance within Financial Services Organisations
ELEMENT 9: Model Risk
- 9.1 Overview of Model Risk
ELEMENT 10: Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- 10.1 Overview of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
LEORON delivers this course on an in-house basis, helping meet your company's specific training needs. Their customised training solutions are available worldwide and can be delivered at your offices or at conveniently located training facilities.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The Partners for Quality Award recognizes an Employer providing support to an individual where there was a significant benefit to the Division or Society. LEORON institute was granted the prestigious award for their continued promotion of Organizational Excellence through training courses that are directly related to quality improvement techniques and methodologies they provide while promoting the values and mission of ASQ Quality Management Division.
Provider: LEORON Professional Development Institute
Built upon the strong experience in the manufacturing sector, which its founders developed in Sweden during the 90’s global expansion, LEORON evolved into the dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions. All across the...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Risk in Financial Services (In-House) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
LEORON Institute is accredited by ANSI as, ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer.
Open / Scheduled
e-learning / Online / Distance
Open / Scheduled
Corporate Training for Teams