Certificate in Container Terminal Operations
Study Best Practise in the Operation, Management and Commercial Dynamics of Container Terminals
Benefit from a thorough understanding of the complex layout, equipment, operations, management and commercial aspects of container terminals
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Terminal and port operators
- Container shipping owners, managers, brokers and charterers
- Freight, cargo and intermodal logistics service providers, stevedores, forwarders and operators
- Port and maritime authorities, management, regulators and consultants
- Terminal providers and developers
- Related professionals in insurance, law, finance, planning and government
- All graduates and new employees
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you'll learn
- Understanding of how the container business has evolved and continues to dominate maritime transportation innovation.
- Examine the different types and characteristics of containers used in the global transportation of a variety of goods, and examines the characteristics and the growing sizes of container ships.
- Analyse the infrastructure,configuration and layout of a container terminal.
- Explores the different elements of container terminal operations and the full cycle of ship, yard and gate activities.
- Appraise some of the key Health Safety Security & Environmental issues in container terminals and how they are managed.
- Understand the sources of revenue for a container terminal; understand the typical cost structure of container terminal operations
Training Course Content
- Introduction to the Container Business and the Role of Container Terminals
- Types of Containers and Container Ships
- Container Terminal Characteristics
- Container Terminal Operations
- HSSE Management of Terminals
- Commercial and Financial Aspects of Container Terminal Operations
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...