Certificate in Marine Salvage Law
This Certificate in Marine Salvage Law is designed to teach the complex framework of marine salvage law. During this course, participants will have the opportunity to study the legal principles that arise in a salvage operation, along with international conventions and salvage contracts that oversee the rescue of cargo, vessels and other property.
In addition, this course addresses the history of salvage law, looks at salvage concentration and reviews salvage definitions and principles. It also analyses other main conventions, contracts and guidelines that are vital for anyone working in marine salvage.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals involved in marine salvage, including:
- Salvage and towage personnel
- Surveyors, engineers and related technical specialists
- Ship owners and managers
- Maritime administration and port authority employees
- Insurance and legal professionals
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this course participants will be awarded a Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Certificate.
Training Course Content
The training modules for this course are as follows:
- General Principles of Salvage
- The Salvage Convention 1989
- Lloyd’s Open Form
- The Special Compensation P&I Club Clause (SCOPIC 2014)
- Other Salvage and Related Contracts
- Other Conventions and Guidelines
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...