Certificate in Ship Technology
This Certificate from Lloyd’s Maritime Academy provides participants with a thorough understanding of all aspects of ship technology. The course examines the ongoing advancements and demands in shipping technology in relation to ship safety, navigation, risk management and energy efficiency - equipping participants with the vital knowledge required to carry out these demands. Participants will study the technical equipment, processes and system design onboard vessels, and how to analyse performance for optimum performance.
Each of the seven carefully designed modules ends with a test to consolidate your knowledge and assess your understanding of ship technology. The online tutoring of this Certificate gives you the flexibility to study around your other commitments.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Shore and shipboard staff: crew members, ship superintendents, ship management and purchasing staff
- Junior or new entrants to the shipping business
- Aspiring marine engineers or marine maintenance professionals
- Related industry professionals, such as legal professionals, insurers, marine consultants and seafarers
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this course participants will be awarded a Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Certificate.
Training Course Content
The training modules for this course are as follows:
- Introduction to Ship Technology
- Management of Safety and Risk
- Technical Aspects of Ships
- Green Ship Technology
- Marine Operation and Maintenance Management
- Ship Logistics and Management
- Introduction and Management of Technology
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...