Certificate in Shipping Business
Your Detailed Introduction to Shipping: a Practical A to Z Guide to the Whole of the Maritime Industry
Study the background to commercial, legal, technical and financial drivers in the shipping sector.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Operations managers, fleet managers and commercial analysts
- Technical personnel including engineers
- Investors, lawyers, financial managers and similar professionals working in the industry
- Suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, customs officers, export managers and retailers
- Shipping industry employees
- New entrants
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you'll learn
- Introduction to the core elements of the marine industry, including world trade development, demand for shipping services, economics of sea transport, international trade, trade balance and trade routes and more
- Ship operations, characteristics and manning
- The significance of financial aspects in shipping business including general principles of financing ships, borrower structures, senior debt, capital markets, securitisation, leasing, hedging and more
- The fundamentals of legal system, law of contract, maritime law, acquisition and ownership of ships and international regulations
- Insurance, origins, legal background and Hull and Machinery insurance and more
Training Course Content
- Shipping Industry and the Global Economy, the Markets and International Organisations
- Development of Ships, Regulation, International Conventions, Ship Manning and Port Operations
- Ship Finance – Financing, Purchasing and Trading of Ships
- Registration and Classification, Ship Operations, Revenues and Costs
- Maritime and Commercial Law, the Carriage of Goods by Sea and Liability
- Marine and Cargo Insurance, P&I Clubs and the Insurance Market
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...