Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Diploma in Port ManagementLloyd’s Maritime Academy
Diploma in Port Management
Since 1999, the Diploma in Port Management has been recognised as a leading qualification for port managers, governments, terminal operators, and port companies. Participants who take this course will gain the skills to develop professionally in port administration, port and harbour management and port operations for the global maritime supply chain.
This course is delivered exclusively online but is available as both a distance learning course and as an online a bespoke course led by an instructor for companies and large groups. This is a part-time course that takes place for the duration of 12 months.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Diploma in Port Management is ideal for port management professionals needing to build on their knowledge in order to meet their day-to-day challenges more effectively.
Typical participants include:
- Early or mid-career ship and port agents wishing to develop their knowledge
- Experienced agents wishing to update their knowledge and prepare for fresh challenges
- General managers and operations managers at agency companies
- Seafarers wanting to move into a shore based role with an agency
- Professionals wishing to develop a role in ship and port agency
- Shipping company personnel wishing to understand the work of the agent
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of the course, candidates who have passed the assessments will be awarded a professional development Diploma.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to International Trade and Logistics
- Introduction to Port Management
- Regulatory, Legal Issues and Insurance for Ports
- Managing Marine Operations and Conservancy
- Port Marketing and Business Development
- Port Project Management: Principles and Techniques
- Economics of Port Operations, Port Pricing and Port Financing
- Health, Safety, Security and the Environment (HSSE) in Ports
- Port Labour and People Management
- Case Study: Current Issues in Port Management
The cost of this Diploma in Port Management distance learning course is £3,299 per delegate (VAT conditions apply).
Discounts are usually available for participants booking their places early.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy also delivers customised training for organisations via distance learning, instructor-led workshops or blended solutions based on group size and other company-specific requirements.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...