Diploma in Small Craft Surveying
Aimed specifically at surveyors of small commercial and leisure vessels
Specialise in small craft surveying and focus on vessels up to 24 metres in registered length.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Chief Engineers
- Chief Officers/ First Officers
- Managing Directors
- Surveyors/ Marine Surveyors/ Technical Surveyors
- Principal/ Ship Owners
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you'll learn
- The practicalities of surveying small pleasure and commercial craft
- Legislative issues, regulatory bodies, codes and conventions specific to small pleasure and commercial craft
- Technical skills required for hull, structural and engineering surveys of small pleasure and commercial craft
- Commercial skills and knowledge required to run a successful surveying business
Training Course Content
- Introduction to Small Craft Surveying
- Naval Architecture for Small Craft
- Small Craft Engineering & Systems
- Stability of Small Craft
- Small Craft Surveys and Repairs
- Survey Management and Reporting
- Health & Safety for Surveyors
- Marine Law relating to Surveying & Surveyors
- Marine Insurance for Surveyors
- Business Skills for the Surveyor
- Specialist modules – students choose to study at least one of the following:
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...