Online MBA in Shipping & Logistics - Lloyd's Maritime Academy & Middlesex University London
The MBA in Shipping & Logistics offers professionals the opportunity to develop and advance their careers towards senior management in the shipping and logistics industries. A joint venture between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University London, the MBA has been designed together with maritime and logistics industry leaders, shipping executives, well-regarded academics and practitioners to deliver a programme that is relevant and tailored to the industry.
The MBA in Shipping & Logistics is delivered entirely online, allowing candidates to complete the programme without travel and scheduled seminars. Candidates are free to design their own schedules and access cutting-edge online learning portals at any time and from anywhere.
Programme contents are designed to provide a careful balance of management theory and corresponding practical exercises in martime industry-specific applications. Course materials vary from texts, audio/visual content, group interaction and networking opportunities.
Of the course of two years, the MBA will provide candidates with the opportunity to develop advanced skills related to the shipping and logistics aspects of business. Candidates will be able to immerse themselves in a variety of topics, including:
- Ship finance
- Risk management
- Maritime economics & trade
- Maritime law
- Formulating business strategy
- Human resource management
- Executive leadership
- International marketing & brand establishment
- Logistics & supply chain management
- Project mastery & innovative practice
Suitability - Who should attend?
Thedistance MBA in Shipping and Logistics is ideal for professionals wishing to reach senior management in the shipping and logistics sector.
In order to qualify for the MBA in Shipping and Logistics, Participants must have achieved the following:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant managerial experience (post undergraduate degree)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working in the maritime industry or related
- Fluency in English (IELTS or TOEFL scores will be required for non-native speakers.)
Candidates without an undergraduate degree, but significant managerial experience will be considered on a case by case basis. GMAT scores of 550 or higher my be required under this scenario.
For more information on suitability, please send an enquiry here.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of the programme, Participants will be awarded a Master of Business Administration in Shipping and Logistics from Middlesex University London and Lloyd's Maritime Academy. The programme hs been designed in a joint venture between Middlesex University and LLoyd's Maritime Academy and is jointly delivered and assessed. The programme is quality assured by the accredited Middlesex University.
Training Course Content
The curriculum for the MBA in Shipping & Logistics is as follows:
A 2-week compulsory online induction, where students will have the opportunity to access and familiarise themselves with the online learning portal.
Shipping Business and International Trade (20 Credits)
- The economics of the maritime industry, the characteristics of demand and supply and their interaction in the various maritime markets;
- The strategic environment of maritime policy and administration;
- The key principles of maritime law. The oceans, seas and waterways are still the predominant conduits for international trade.
Business Strategy (30 Credits)
- Explore models and theories of strategy and their application by practicing managers in today’s world;
- Inform students of the key developments in, and thinking derived from, the study of strategy;
- Critically appraise where and when such models are useful and how to utilise them;
- Provide fascinating and relevant examples and exercises that illustrate these concepts with the intent of building students capability in strategic thinking and practice.
Executive Leadership (30 Credits)
- Illustrate how the processes of contemporary human resource management support organisational performance;
- Explore the key elements of the HR cycle resourcing, managing performance, developing and rewarding;
- Identify areas of overlap between management and leadership and to investigate competences and behaviours associated with management and leadership;
- Develop leadership behaviours that will enable students to manage performance as well as lead change to improve overall organisational performance.
Advanced International Marketing (20 Credits)
- Equip students with the skills to analyse current marketing strategies and apply appropriate techniques based on insights gained;
- Develop students’ ability to identify critical actions that enhance profitability;
- Help you create a communications strategy and plan, a marketing strategy and plan, and to outline the business case for such plans.
Finance and Risk Management (20 Credits)
- Evaluate the various finance methods available for shipping companies;
- Critically assess the techniques of investment appraisal under risky and uncertain situations in the shipping industry;
- Explore the traditional and emerging methods of risk management and derivatives instruments in shipping.
Optimising Business Performance (30 Credits)
- Explore the role of research and development in the advance of historic, contemporary and future operations and technologies;
- Define and delineate the key principles of maritime logistics;
- Evaluate the need for innovation in the constant management of change;
- Integrate and apply the principles of project mastery in attaining and sustaining operational and technical leadership in the maritime supply chain.
Business Transformation Project (30 Credits)
The MBA program will conclude with a final thesis project, where students will apply new knowledge and skills to a specific organisational/business problem. The final project will be written to a dissertation standard.
The total frees for the MBA in Shipping & Logistics are:
£14,300 / $23,600 (VAT exempt)
- Candidates who apply before March 6, 2015 will receive a discount of £100/$1650.
- Candidates who apply between March 7, 2015 and June 12, 2015 will receive a discount of £500/$825.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...
Find out more about this MBA in Shipping & Logistics course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!