LLM in Maritime Law- Distance Learning Course
The renowned part-time distance learning LLM from Lloyd’s Maritime Academy and the World Maritime University develops leading knowledge and awareness of international trade and maritime law, increasing understanding of how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues. With English law recognised internationally as a dominant legal system providing the basis for maritime and trade contracts, and with London as the single most important forum for settling disputes, both through court litigation and arbitration, this course approaches law in relation to how it is applied in practice.
The course finishes with a research based module and a dissertation, allowing you to consolidate and apply all the theory you have learnt throughout the course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is of great relevance to those who wish to acquire expertise in international trade and maritime / shipping law. The programme has been specifically designed for students from a wide variety of commercial shipping backgrounds, both legal and non-legal, including existing lawyers; those engaged in the shipping and trading industries; trading brokers; shipping/chartering organisations; salvage organisations; P&I Clubs; insurance; and those engaged in investment, finance and banking.
An LLB is required to be accepted onto the LLM.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
At the end of this course, participants will be awarded a LLM in Maritime Law from Lloyd's Maritime Academy.
Training Course Content
- Introductory Module: An introduction to the English legal system
- Module 1 - English Commercial Law and International Sales
- Module 2 - BIlls of Lading Contracts
- Module 3 - Charterparty Contracts
- Module 4 - Marine Insurance Law
- Module 5 - Admiralty Law and General Average
- Module 6 - Payment and Finance for International Trade
- Module 7 - Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- Module 8 - Conflict of Laws and Forum Shopping
- Specialist Module A - Ship Finance Law
- Specialist Module B - Oil and Chemical Pollution
- Specialist Module C - European Union Competition Law in Shipping
- Specialist Module D - The Four Pillars of Maritime Regulation
- Research-based module: Researching Business Law
Contact the provider for pricing information.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...
Find out more about this PGDip in International Maritime Law course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!