PGDip/LLM in International Maritime Law
Learn international trade and maritime law and understand how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
- students from a wide variety of commercial shipping backgrounds, both legal and non-legal, including existing lawyers;
- those engaged in the shipping and trading industries;
- trading brokers;
- shipping/chartering organisations;
- salvage organisations;
- P&I Clubs;
- and those engaged in investment, finance and banking.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you'll learn
English law is recognised internationally as a dominant legal system providing the basis for maritime and trade contracts, with London as the single most important forum for settling disputes, both through court litigation and arbitration.This programme of study will develop your:
- Academic knowledge and awareness of international trade and maritime law,
- Increase your understanding of how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
- To allow students develop an advanced understanding of an aspect of International Maritime Law
- To further students’ understanding of the interrelation between legal research and an understanding of the rationale and limitations of International Maritime Law;
- To offer the programme in a mode of study that accommodates students’ other commitments and career development.
Training Course Content
- An introduction to the English legal system
- International Trade Law: An Introduction to English Commercial Law and International Sales
- Bills of Lading Contracts
- Charterparty Contracts
- Marine Insurance Law
- Admiralty Law and General Average
- Payment and Finance for International Trade
- Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- Conflicts of Laws and Forum Shopping
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...