Develop your leadership skills in this special programme: The six core demands of leadership
This programme explores the six demands of leadership and the skills required to lead effectively. An intensive five days will take you from the personal dimensions of your own leadership style and capability through to the organisational dimensions of leading change and shaping corporate culture.
This intensive five-day programme focuses on showing you how to understand your current leadership strengths and weaknesses and to build on them. At the same time you'll gain new skills to enable you to lead with confidence and certainty.Through 360-degree feedback, you'll explore your own ability to be an effective leader. And you'll learn about practical tools and strategies to help you focus your energies and have more influence in the real world.
Working with a peer group you'll see how leadership skills can be learnt and to understand the six core demands of leadership, using real case studies in a peer-to-peer workshop environment. You'll then be able to use them effectively within your organisation to develop culture and bring about change successfully. You will also:
- acquire the essential skills that distinguish a successful leader from a manager
- gain feedback on your existing strengths - and weaknesses - as a leader
- find out how to gain greater acceptance of your ideas and initiatives and generate insights into motivating and coaching others more effectively
- discover how to lead teams to high performance and become an effective champion of innovation
- acquire the knowledge necessary to prevent being derailed as a leader
- gain valuable insights from accomplished professionals and take part in several one-to-one coaching sessions.
The programme will help your organisation to:
- build a group of exceptional leaders, preparing them for their role and pre-empting derailments
- enhance the team leadership skills of executives and managers
- improve the networking and influencing skills of executives and managers
- create a diverse, performance-orientated culture
- gain practical leadership tools that can be applied across the organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at directors and general managers, or those new to a significant leadership role.
The usual participants on this programme are eclectic, widely-experienced senior managers from across the world and a wide range of industries including:
- general managers
- project managers
- human resources practitioners
- legal practitioners
The five-day programme has an intensive workshop structure. During the programme you'll learn about the six demands of leadership and how you can apply core leadership skills to your organisation:
- understanding yourself
- energising others
- enabling change
- building teams
- communicating direction
- winning support.
Sunday: In an introductory evening session, you'll explore the six demands of leadership.
Monday: You'll learn about the essentials of leadership and the challenge of leading others. You'll learn how to set and communicate direction and - just as importantly - how to avoid the pitfall of derailment. And with 360-degree survey feedback in a peer-to-peer environment, you'll understand yourself better as a leader.
Tuesday: You'll continue your work in understanding yourself and others as leaders. You'll also discover how to motivate others and examine the relationship between personality and leadership.
Wednesday: You'll focus on the practical challenges in building and motivating teams and energising those who report to you.
Thursday: You'll learn about promoting environments of change and innovation, and the relationship between corporate culture and leadership.
Friday: You'll finish the week by working on the arts of influencing and persuading, and understanding the leader's journey, concluding with a one-to-one coaching session and action planning.
The highest quality teaching from global business leaders
We are a truly global school and offer the finest teaching We provide our students and executive programme participants with the global business capabilities required for success. We are consistently ranked as one of the top business schools in the...
Find out more about this Essentials of Leadership Programme course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!