Coaching and Mentoring - In-House
The in-house training series in Coaching and Mentoring focuses on key tools for Leadership Development and provides delegates with the most effective techniques to measure work performance and to develop a strategy for creating a performance measurement system.
By attending this one-week programme, delegates will identify opportunities to mentor and coach and know when coaching is appropriate as a means of improving workplace performance. Upon course completion, trainees will have recognised and developed a range of interpersonal skills required to be an effecive coach and mentor.
- Use mentoring and coaching to increase the skills and competences of individual employees
- Maximize individuals’ outputs in line with specific aims and objectives set during the coaching session
- Use constructive feedback to enable others to learn and gain confidence in their work
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Deputy Directors
- Heads of Department
- Senior Managers
- General Managers
- Team leaders
- Project managers
- Project leaders
- All individual employees
Training Course Content
This Coaching and Mentoring course will cover:
Characteristics and Benefits
- Differences between coaching and mentoring
- Coaching and mentoring to improve organisational and individual performance
- Choosing the most appropriate coaches and mentors
- Criteria to identify those appropriate to be coached or mentored
- Setting objectives within a strategic context
- Identifying and agreeing individual coaching and mentoring needs
- How to become an influential coach or mentor
- Structuring effective coaching and mentoring sessions
Skills for Success
- Set clear targets for timescale and resource allocation
- Ensure understanding of oral communication skills required
- Reading and interpreting body language
- Support without judgement
Overcoming the challenges
- Retaining objectivity throughout a personal relationship
- Maintaining motivation and enthusiasm on both sides
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Avoiding dependency
Measuring Results and Contribution
- Managing expectations on both sides
- Setting appropriate short, medium and long-term targets
- Systematic, regular and structured monitoring
- Measuring return of investment of time, money and people
The cost of this in-house varies based on number of participants, location and other factors. Request information for a training quote
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Coaching and Mentoring course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.