Corporate GovernanceLondon Corporate Training Ltd
Corporate Governance - In-House
This Corporate Governance advanced management course provides delegates with an overview of the fundamentals of corporate governance.
It is aimed at company directors, but also a number of other figures that deal with corporate governance issues in their working environment.
The course is designed to:
- Make delegates familiar with the responsibilities of company directors
- Examine the structure of company boards
- Provide attendees with an understanding of the issues that led to the creation of the corporate governance discipline
- Outline the checks and balances that govern the actions of listed company boards
- Study the framework created by the UK Corporate Governance Code
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Company Executive and Non- Executive Directors
- Shareholder representatives
- Pension and Investment Fund Managers
- Public officials in a regulatory, supervisory or compliance functions
- Executives involved in strategic and operational functions, including finance, corporate strategy, human resources, and government affairs.
- Senior managers involved in setting up corporate governance initiatives
- Investor Relations managers responsible for their organisation’s dealings with the finance community
Training Course Content
This Corporate Governance course will cover:
What is Corporate Governance?
- Essential structures of corporate governance
- Principle functions and responsibilities of the Board
- Setting the company strategic direction
- Establishing corporate values
- Holding the executives to account
- Maintaining the corporate reputation
Company Directors and Company Boards
- Duties of a Director
- Promoting the success of the company
- Role of the chairman
- Executive and Non-executive directors
- Making a difference using non-executive directors
Corporate Failure Resulting from Poor Governance
- The ineffective board
- Examples of corporate failure: Maxwell, Polly Peck, Enron, Worldcom
- Analysis of the banking crisis as a failure of governance
- Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory responses to corporate governance failure
- Lessons learned from corporate failures
Protecting Shareholders and Other Stakeholders
- The UK Corporate Governance Code
- The Comply or Explain rule
- How to protect the shareholder?
- Communicating with the shareholder
- A Legal framework for corporate governance
Corporate Social Responsibility
- The pressure for corporate behaviour change
- The Legal Background of CSR
- Company directors’ obligations and CSR
- Voluntary measures
- Is CSR “Just Public Relations”?
- CSR and corporate governance links
The cost of this in-house varies based on number of participants, location and other factors. Request information for a training quote
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Corporate Governance course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!