Corporate GovernanceLondon Corporate Training Ltd
Training Course Content
This Corporate Governance course will cover:
What is Corporate Governance?
- Essential structures of corporate governance
- Principle functions and responsibilities of the Board
- Setting the company strategic direction
- Establishing corporate values
- Holding the executives to account
- Maintaining the corporate reputation
Company Directors and Company Boards
- Duties of a Director
- Promoting the success of the company
- Role of the chairman
- Executive and Non-executive directors
- Making a difference using non-executive directors
Corporate Failure Resulting from Poor Governance
- The ineffective board
- Examples of corporate failure: Maxwell, Polly Peck, Enron, Worldcom
- Analysis of the banking crisis as a failure of governance
- Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory responses to corporate governance failure
- Lessons learned from corporate failures
Protecting Shareholders and Other Stakeholders
- The UK Corporate Governance Code
- The Comply or Explain rule
- How to protect the shareholder?
- Communicating with the shareholder
- A Legal framework for corporate governance
Corporate Social Responsibility
- The pressure for corporate behaviour change
- The Legal Background of CSR
- Company directors’ obligations and CSR
- Voluntary measures
- Is CSR “Just Public Relations”?
- CSR and corporate governance links
The cost of this in-house varies based on number of participants, location and other factors. Request information for a training quote
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Corporate Governance course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!