Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company SecretariesLondon Corporate Training Ltd
Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company Secretaries - A 1-Week Training Course
This one-week long course in Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company Secretaries is designed for all lawyers - both new and experienced as it covers a wide range of topics focused primarily around the theme of corporate behaviours, legal disputes and the role of the company secretary.
This course aims to:
- familiarise participants with the duties of company directors
- examine how company boards organise themselves
- highlight the checks and balance that apply to the boards of listed companies
- refresh existing and develop new commercial skills for executives working in or managing the legal function
- highlight the importance of the Company Secretary’s role
- consider alternative methods of resolving corporate disputes
- practice tools and techniques in negotiation
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- New or Experienced in-house lawyers wanting to refresh their skills and knowledge about their role
- Lawyers transferring from private practice to a corporate role
- Executive and Non-executive Company Directors
- Public officials in a regulatory, supervisory or compliance functions
- Company Secretaries of public companies
Training Course Content
This Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company Secretaries course will cover:
Corporate Behaviours – Best Practices
- Company director duties
- The role of the NED
- Creating an effective board
- Corporate conduct - the social responsibilities of the company
- Consequences of failure in corporate behaviour
Roles and Responsibilities of the Company Secretary
- Assisting the Board
- Record keeping
- Managing the registered office
- Supporting and managing board and company meetings
Roles and Responsibilities of the Corporate Legal Department
- What's in the job of the in-house lawyer?
- Adding value to company performance
- Identifying and reducing corporate risks
- Measuring the effectiveness of the corporate legal department
Resolving Legal Disputes
- Where do the problems occur?
- Resolving disputes without recourse to the courts
- Alternative dispute resolution techniques – arbitration, mediation, conciliation
- Other dispute procedures
Negotiating, Drafting and Structuring Legal Agreements
- Contract law refresher
- Drafting legal agreements
- Negotiation principles
- Tools and techniques for negotiation
- What are our negotiables?
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
Provider: London Corporate Training Ltd
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...