Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company Secretaries - A 1-Week Training Course
This one-week long course in Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company Secretaries is designed for all lawyers - both new and experienced as it covers a wide range of topics focused primarily around the theme of corporate behaviours, legal disputes and the role of the company secretary.
This course aims to:
- familiarise participants with the duties of company directors
- examine how company boards organise themselves
- highlight the checks and balance that apply to the boards of listed companies
- refresh existing and develop new commercial skills for executives working in or managing the legal function
- highlight the importance of the Company Secretary’s role
- consider alternative methods of resolving corporate disputes
- practice tools and techniques in negotiation
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- New or Experienced in-house lawyers wanting to refresh their skills and knowledge about their role
- Lawyers transferring from private practice to a corporate role
- Executive and Non-executive Company Directors
- Public officials in a regulatory, supervisory or compliance functions
- Company Secretaries of public companies
Training Course Content
This Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company Secretaries course will cover:
Corporate Behaviours – Best Practices
- Company director duties
- The role of the NED
- Creating an effective board
- Corporate conduct - the social responsibilities of the company
- Consequences of failure in corporate behaviour
Roles and Responsibilities of the Company Secretary
- Assisting the Board
- Record keeping
- Managing the registered office
- Supporting and managing board and company meetings
Roles and Responsibilities of the Corporate Legal Department
- What's in the job of the in-house lawyer?
- Adding value to company performance
- Identifying and reducing corporate risks
- Measuring the effectiveness of the corporate legal department
Resolving Legal Disputes
- Where do the problems occur?
- Resolving disputes without recourse to the courts
- Alternative dispute resolution techniques – arbitration, mediation, conciliation
- Other dispute procedures
Negotiating, Drafting and Structuring Legal Agreements
- Contract law refresher
- Drafting legal agreements
- Negotiation principles
- Tools and techniques for negotiation
- What are our negotiables?
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
Provider: London Corporate Training Ltd
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...