Training Course Content
Key Financial Concepts and Principles
- Bookkeeping versus accounting
- Cash accounting versus accrual accounting and use in private and public sectors
- Types of accounts in the General Ledger, their purpose and the chart of accounts
- Double-entry bookkeeping concepts and implications
- Depreciation and amortisation
Reading Financial Statements, Public and Private Sector
- International standards in the private and public sectors, IFRS and IPSAS
- Format and content of the statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- Format and content of the statement of profit or loss
- IPSAS principles of financial statements presentation for the public sector
- Investor ratios
- Financial accounting and management accounting compared
- Types of management information prepared for internal consumption
- Financial information managers need to manage – the power of comparisons
- Analysing costs, key ratio calculations for management and variance analysis, including ROE, ROA and liquidity ratios
Managing the Finances and Costs of Projects.
- Financial aspects of building the business case and getting approval for funding
- Estimating project costs – different estimating techniques, expert, analogous, parametric, bottom up etc.
- Project forecasts, cost variances and cost control
- Project risks and financial implications
Building an Effective Budget
- Public sector v. Private sector budgeting differences in purpose, processes and motive.
- Budgetary methodologies, incremental and zero-based
- Budget and variance analysis
- End of week quiz to appraise learning achieved.
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Financial Development for Non-Financial Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!