Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Exploration and Production - A 4-Day Training Course
This course is the perfect introductory training programme for any professional needing to get to grips with the essentials of the oil and gas exploration and production industry. The four-day programme is suitable for both technical and non-technical staff and will provide a thorough overview of the following key topics:
- The historical, current and future state of the industry
- The principles of exploration, drilling, development and production
- Trends in the industry and their likely development
- The complete lifecyle of exploration and product delivery
Delegates will also develop a crucial understanding of industry terminology, which will facilitate their entry into an oil & gas related role.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Professionals who need to learn about the industry
- Personnel within the industry
- Technical support staff entering the industry
- Technical staff who want to expand their understanding of the industry
- Students considering the industry as a career
Training Course Content
This Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Exploration and Production course will cover:
History and geopolitics of oil and gas
- 1800s to the great wars
- Post war to present
The role of oil and gas in society
- The nature of oil and gas
- Uses for oil and gas
The big picture
- Geological time
- Rock types
- Sedimentary basins
- Plate tectonics
- Source rocks
- Traps and seals
- Gravity and magnetic surveying
- 2D, 3D and 4D seismic
- Field valuation
- Field appraisal
- Drilling basics
- Casing and completing a well
- Sampling and testing
- Well information
- Well completions
Field development and production
- Field development planning
- Lifecycle costing
- Economic analysis
- Development drilling
- Facilities and production
Health, Safety and Environment
- Health considerations
- Safety considerations
- Environmental considerations
- Alternatives to oil and gas
- Carbon capture and storage (CO2 sequestration)
- New technologies
- Where will we find oil and gas in the future?
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Exploration and Production course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.