Internal Auditing - Level 2 - A 1-Week Training Course
This intermediate-level training course in Internal Auditing has been designed to cover some of the more advanced functions and concepts associated with the internal audit. The training agenda will enable delegates to understand and develop the role of the audit function using a best practice approach.
The core goal of this one-week training course is to provide delegates with the skills to develop robust internal audit structures, which enable the effective conduct of internal risk-based audits. In addition, it provides delegates with the insights and skills needed to engage with stakeholders, ensure the objectivity of the audit team and combat the impacts of economic crime.
Participants will leave the course with the insights needed to positively develop the internal audit function in their organisations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for delegates who have some experience of auditing, either directly as an auditor or from within the financial function, who are looking to develop a focused and best practice approach to the development of the internal audit function.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Review of Key Audit Function Foundations
- Review of key action points
- Developing organizational specific risk matrices
- Global best practice – case studies & analysis
- Key action points – Delegate action plan development
Risk based auditing
- Identifying areas of risk
- Classifying and quantifying risk areas
- Developing audit and re-audit frequency in line with risk
- Overview of emerging threats
Conducting effective audits
- The role of the auditor as consultant
- Utilising audit reporting to inform organisational policy development
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Measuring improvement – toolkit to objectively measure and demonstrate audit output improvements
Financial crime compliance
- Record keeping procedures
- Controls to identify potentially suspicious activities
- Trade finance transactions
- Trade processing controls by processing staff
- Red flagging procedures
- Pre-determined thresholds systems and controls
- Actions taken by senior management
- Evidence and awareness of senior management evidencing how crime risks evolve in organisational type of business
Engaging with the audit structure
- Making effective recommendations and business cases
- Presenting information effectively – combining written skills and personal presentation skills
- Contribution to the development of the long term audit strategy
- Raising the profile of internal audit within the organisation
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Internal Auditing - Level 2 course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!