Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
How to Establish Successful Media Relations
- Understanding the difference between media relations and public relations
- Establishing, managing and maintaining relationships with target media
- Appreciating news values and analysing reporters stories
- Who is who in the news structure; reporters, editors, desk journalists and others
- Importance of maintaining lists and data on target journalists
Pitching Stories Successfully
- Identifying reporters’ beats and understanding their importance
- How to pitch your stories to key journalists
- Recognising news deadlines and observing them
- Planning, setting out and writing successful press releases
- Understanding how and where reporters get their news material
Identifying the Importance of Stories
- Deciding whether a story is for all media or specific news outlets
- Gauging how important a story might be to media
- Gaining a reputation as a dependable source of information for reporters
- Following up your story with reporters
- Developing and utilising ‘tip’ sheets
Press Conferences and Interviews
- Planning, preparing, implementing and following up a press conference
- The difference between a press briefing and press conference
- Preparing for an interview and understanding the reason for it
- Adopting television skills for before during and after an interview
- Pitfalls and how to avoid no comment and off the record
Techniques for New Media
- Media relations and the 24 hour news phenomenon
- Media relations on line
- Devising and managing web news conferences
- Auditing and monitoring social media and utilising ‘citizen’ reporting
- Differences in approach to traditional and new media
The cost of this Media Relations course is £2,450.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Media Relations course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!