Oil and Gas - Business Environment and Finance - A 2-Week Training Course
This Oil and Gas - Business Environment and Finance course is an advanced management training solution dedicated specifically to the Oil & Gas sector, and to the financial and economic issues associated with this kind of business environment.
It aims to equip delegates with an understanding of the global Oil & Gas environment, the macro-economic factors and trends that shape the industry (both regional and global), the chief financial management systems used and the financial instruments employed. This is to prepare delegates to perform effective financial modelling and scenario planning.
It also covers three different types of risk, teaching delegates to successfully manage: Market risk, Credit risk and Liquidity risk.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Senior managers within the Oil & Gas sector or those identified via organisational talent management for fast track to a senior role
- Public sector officials with responsibility for the state management of Oil & Gas resources
- Engineers and Project Managers who are looking to develop leading edge practice for both themselves and their organisation
Training Course Content
This Oil and Gas - Business Environment and Finance course will cover:
Global Market Forces
- The influence of OPEC
- The US Position
- Asean influence
- Africa influence
Global Threats and Opportunities
- Overview of global reserves and Peak Oil concept
- Alternative technologies – threat or opportunity
- Emerging territories and cost of access
- Environmental aspects
The Cohesive Producer
- Aligning strategy with the global picture
- Input and cost management
- Output and pricing management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Communication
- Production agreements
- Joint venture partnering
- Regional Government
- Global upstream and downstream models
- Developing and enhancing governance policies
- Combating economic crime and corruption
- The impacts of the “Dodd Frank” Act
- Global best practice and case studies
Key Financial Management Systems
- Effective Budget preparation and management
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Interpreting key financial statements
- Key financial ratios and Analysis
Effective Treasury Management
- Overview of global treasury models
- Structuring effective return, income and defensive portfolios
- The roles and impacts of financial instruments
- Effectively managing geographic and asset risk
Effective Risk Management
- The key concepts and elements of risk management
- Managing Market Risk
- Managing Credit Risk
- Managing Liquidity Risk
Practical Financial Modelling
- Key principles within Financial Modelling
- Constructing key financial models
- Linkage of models and sub-models
- Scenario Planning Applications
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Oil and Gas - Business Environment and Finance course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!