Oil and Gas - Contract ManagementLondon Corporate Training Ltd
Oil and Gas - Contract Management - A 1-Week Training Course
This intensive one week training course in Contract Management is designed to help professionals working in the Oil & Gas industry learn how to maximise competitive advantage in the oil and gas sector.
The course is stimulating and practical and aims to provider delegates with the knowledge to effectively lead and manage procurement processes as well as contract discussions and negotiations within the oil and gas sector.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify risks that contracts should address
- Employ contractual tools and techniques to increase competitive advantage
- Appreciate the importance of typical standard contract terms and conditions
- Initiate and develop better commercial contracts within their organisation
- Learn to look for key elements of commercial contracts
- Improve supplier performance through better contracts
- Plan and manage the resolution of contractual disputes
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is a stimulating and practical course designed for directors, managers, senior executives and decision makers involved in strategic and operational functions, including managers of procurement, finance, legal, risk and supplier relations and who want to understand how to maximise competitive advantage in the oil and gas sector.
Training Course Content
This Oil and Gas - Contract Management course will cover:
Managing the Purchasing Process
- Overview of purchasing best practice
- Creating interest from the market in your opportunity
- The statement of work for an oil services contract
- Results-based purchasing techniques
- Evaluating supplier proposals
- Is the lowest cost technically compliant bid the right one to choose?
- Moving from bid to contract award
Petroleum industry contracts
- Formation of the contract
- Express and Implied terms
- Typical features of exploration and production contracts and contracts for the supply of oil-related services
- 'Local content' contract requirements
- Knock for Knock Liability considered
- Anti-corruption measures in petroleum industry contracts
- Case study exercises using oil contract examples
Managing contractor performance
- Identifying and managing supplier risk
- Getting and maintaining supplier contract performance
- Service level agreements
- Setting SMART objectives
- Key performance indicators
- Contract governance; managing contractual variations
- Why performance is Important and who is involved?
- Post contract closure action
Dispute resolution in the petroleum industry
- Contract breaches and remedies
- Termination of contract
- Should we litigate?
- Using arbitration, mediation or conciliation as means to resolve contractual disputes
- Strengths and weaknesses of ADR as an alternative to litigation
- Dispute resolution scenario
Contract negotiation skills and practice in a petroleum industry context
- Preparing for the negotiation
- Understanding the position of the other side
- Negotiation roles and tactics
- Reaching an agreement
- Knowing your BATNA - what happens if the negotiation fails
- Negotiation role play
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Oil and Gas - Contract Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.