Project Management – Level 1London Corporate Training Ltd
Project Management: Level 1 - In-House
This comprehensive in-house training course in Project Management covers the essential steps in Project Plan development and teaches prospective PMs how to set up and manage projects effectively. By attending this course, participants will be able to scope out the objectives and deliverables for a project, whilst calculating the required resources.
In addition, this course covers essential leadership skills training, enabling delegates to successfully manage and motivate their project teams and establish systems to monitor and evaluate projects.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- New Project managers
- Project team members wishing to move into project management roles
- Other operational staff wishing to learn project management tools and techniques
- Project planners
- Technical and engineering staff wishing to develop skills in managing projects
Training Course Content
This Project Management – Level 1 course will cover:
Overview of Project Management
• Definition of a project
• Defining the five key stages of any project
• The key characteristics of all projects
• Understanding the key terms and stages
• Defining key project stakeholders
Management of the Project
• How the project manager is selected
• The key attributes of a project manager
• The responsibilities of the project manager
• The dedicated project team
• Identification and analysis of key stakeholders
The Project Lifecycle, Planning and Control
• The importance of project planning and communication
• Understand the elements of a project scope
• Developing a Work Breakdown Structure
• Establishing the project schedule and baseline
• The typical constraint that affects projects
Project Execution and Managing the Schedule
• Introduction to GANTT charts and building a viable schedule
• Effective techniques of estimating work
• Understand the Critical Path Methods and applying PERT
• Methods and techniques to avoid project scope creep
• Tracking progress and dealing with schedule variances
Dealing with Changes, Risk and Project Handover
• Understand the importance of change management in projects
• Developing a project risk matrix
• The importance of effective project reporting
• How a project ends
• Project handover and close down of the project
The cost of this in-house varies based on number of participants, location and other factors. Request information for a training quote
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Project Management – Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!