Protocol and Travel Management – Level 1London Corporate Training Ltd
Protocol and Travel Management: Level 1 - In-House
This intensive In-house professional course in Protocol and Travel Management is a level 1 course that is designed to help delegates learn how to develop and strengthen current management processes, especially protocols used within travel functions, and highlights the most efficient methods and up-to-date techniques.
The training will help participants return to work and ensure the delivery of a high quality service to all users in the most cost-effective way. The course provides participants with the skills to build strong and durable relationships with suppliers, agents and contacts as well as developing essential skills using relevant, inter-active, practical tools and techniques.
Additionally on completion of the course delegates will understand the process, procedures and requirements for all types of documents and be able to organise events that run smoothly.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Protocol Managers and Travel Managers, who are experienced but who would like a refresher
- Protocol Officers and Travel Officers, who would like to develop their expertise and skills
- Protocol Executives and Travel Executives who would like to develop their expertise and skills
- Events, exhibitions and meetings organisers to help to incorporate Protocol and Travel needs in their planning
- Public Relations and Communications Managers to promote knowledge and understanding of how Protocol and Travel Management contributes to successful Public Relations
- Public Relations Officers and Public Relations Executives to develop knowledge and understanding of the skills and what is required in the Protocol and Travel Management function
- Communications Officers and Communications Executives
Training Course Content
This Protocol and Travel Management – Level 1 course will cover:
Managing the Protocol and Travel function
- Role and responsibilities of the function
- Creating streamlined policies, systems, structure and procedures
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in rules and regulations nationally and internationally
- Record-keeping, monitoring, updating and maintaining
- Applying all policies, processes and procedures fairly to all
The Right Documents, at the Right Time, in the Right Place
- Organising passports, processing visas and overcoming the complexities and problems
- Compliance with entry requirements and immigration rules
- Ensuring the health, safety and security of staff and visitors
- Booking tickets; timetables; time differences; holidays; cancellations
- Airport procedures, requirements and duties
Accommodation and International Travel Requirements
- Factors to chose and book the most appropriate hotel and rooms
- Customer and protocol requirements; preferred hotels list; change in plans; families
- Car transport; tolls; parking; rental; security; motorcades
- Meeting the demands of business travel: payment methods and exchange rates
- Methods to research all possible options and prioritise the best
Exhibitions, Conferences, Visits and Events – Nationally and Internationally
- Planning and organising events, conferences and visits
- Organising, exhibiting at or attending exhibitions
- Trade visits and the protocol for them
- Greeting foreign dignitaries, flying flags correctly and meeting expectations
- Order of precedence for official ceremonies
Budgeting and Cost Control
- Budgeting accurately and meaningfully
- Monitoring authorisation, approvals, expenditure, allowances, expenses and receipts
- Cost control for ensuring that expenses are legitimate
- Cancellations, claims, reimbursements, hospitality
- Insurance which is robust, appropriate and up-to-date
The cost of this in-house varies based on number of participants, location and other factors. Request information for a training quote
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Protocol and Travel Management – Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!