Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Senior Management Skills - A 2-Week Training Course
This comprehensive training series is designed to help delegates develop effective Senior Management Skills and provide them with the tools essential to be a success in today’s business environment. The training agenda covers a selection of management and leadership skills that have been proven essential for success through superior team performance.
The training programme will cover a broad set of development tools including:
- Team Building
- Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Neuro-Linguistic-Programming (NLP)
- Influencing skills
By the end of the course, participants will have the expertise and confidence needed to lead high-performance teams that contribute to the achievement of the organisation's mission and goals.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is designed for:
- Board Members
- Senior Directors
- Senior Managers
- Departmental Directors
- Deputy Departmental Directors
- Departmental Managers
- Deputy Departmental Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Setting Objectives and Targets
- Where are you now and where do you want to be, by when?
- Plan and actions required to achieve these objectives
- Improve organisational, team and individual performance with quantifiable targets
- Monitoring, measuring and feeding-back results
- Vision, roles and responsibilities of an inspirational leader
- Qualities, skills and commitment required
- Adapting leadership styles to different situations
- Overcoming the challenges of leadership
- Factors which motivate you and others
- Achieving organisational goals with a motivated workforce
- Increasing motivation to improve individual performance
- Management skills required to motivate individuals and teams
- Characteristics of an effective team
- Roles and responsibilities of individuals in the team
- Building a strong team which delivers results
- Delegating, appraising, evaluating, coaching and mentoring skills for teambuilding
Verbal Communication Skills
- Structure simple messages using appropriate language and delivery
- Listen attentively to ensure mutual understanding
- Generate productive and open discussions to solve problems
- Overcome the barriers to effective verbal communication
- Analysis of factors which influence people
- How to influence people without power and authority over them
- Chairing and participating in meetings which produce results
- Finding common ground and reaching agreement
- Characteristics and skills of assertiveness
- Handling difficult people with confidence
- Giving feedback and receiving criticism constructively
- Responding appropriately to aggressive, assertive and passive people
Introduction to Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming™ (NLP™)?
- How does NLP™ work?
- NLP™ for self-management and self-development
- Application of NLP™ to enhance performance of organisation, teams and individuals
Emotional Intelligence and Body Language
- Key principles, qualities and skills of Emotional Intelligence
- Application of EI to develop teams, individuals and respond to situations
- Sending the right messages through your non-verbal communication
- Interpreting the signals and gestures of body language of others
The course will enable delegates to:
- Set objectives and targets to achieve the vision, mission and goals of an organisation
- Apply the skills of leadership to enhance the management role
- Motivate people and build successful teams
- Communicate effectively verbally in all situations with all people
- Increase confidence and abilities to influence people positively
- Learn practical and relevant skills to behave assertively
- Application of NLP™ and Emotional Intelligence to self-development
London Corporate Training offers the possibility of delivering this training programme in-house to meet any and all company-specific training needs.
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Senior Management Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!